Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does someone really help someone.

2 posters

Go down

How does someone really help someone. Empty Re: How does someone really help someone.

Post by pinger Tue 05 Aug 2014, 07:38

Tx bigrex. I called them this a.m. Their not too active in my neck of the woods but directed me to other resources that do help. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

How does someone really help someone. Empty Re: How does someone really help someone.

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:17

Contact VETS and see if they are active in your region. Their mission is to help veterans who are down on their luck or homeless get access to VAC. If he is already a VAC client, it should be all much easier.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

How does someone really help someone. Empty How does someone really help someone.

Post by pinger Mon 04 Aug 2014, 19:54

Throwing a bone out there for suggestions and thoughts.
Scenario... ran across a vet 2 years back from my branch of service/age at 6 in the morning near where I live freaked out with his wife in her birthday suit walking down the street. 5 min. later all is o.k. and I gave him a couple of bucks to hold him over...
Recognized him 2 months ago at a gas station, and said hi. Worse off. Wife died badly. He was pretty scattered and with a death wish. So I lent him my ear curbside for an hour.
He gave up on vac (i don't know his sit. just his medical poc card). Forget 1-866 throw that out the window, felt like driving him to my local D.O. to say "help this guy!" but they would have called the cops on us or him. They got security at D.O.'s yet?
So I'm thinking all along... give him my time of day and was non-judgemental. Still left him with more money but feel like I left him down... pale 
We all have our own issues and gotta draw the line somewhere and yet...... How does someone really help someone? Distance? Armslength empathy? Hearing and listening at the same time.... This fella had zip for patience. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum