Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a needin' some help

Go down

I'm a needin' some help Empty Re: I'm a needin' some help

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 11:36

I just sent another one with name and phone number

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 09:33

harpers I didn't get anything buds try again.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 06:15

Propat,I sent you a private pm with my name and phone number but i'm not sure I did it right??I'm quite a novice when it come's to all this new fandangeled technology

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 05 Sep 2014, 11:21

Well, it doesn't surprise me. I'm sure CRA is under pressure to reduce costs while at the same time increasing productivity, just like every other government department. So imagine when they were faced with 8000 Veterans owing an average of say $20000 in extra taxes because of this one time lump sum payment, that equates to roughly 160 million dollars in additional revenue from taxes. But the problem is every one of them sends in a piece of paper that could wipe out that $160 million, or even cost them money. I wouldn't be surprised if they had been directed to purposely skip the majority of 1198's, and hope that most do not realize it. Because honestly, if it had not been for those who had the 1198 used, and informed the rest of what their assessments said in regards to the 1198, the rest of us would likely have assumed that it had been used, but didn't alter the amount owed, and went on with life. There were just too many missed for it to be by mistake.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 09:29

Things that make one go hmmm ??? ....reassessments, 63 cent refunds for tax relief and deemed taxes, delays in refunds, missing forms. Is there something brewing we aren't aware of?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 09:08

hi harpers been away for awhile doing some backlogged reading , research and admin.

buds got all of my info and cheque now and they did the same with me.

Im very busy but I will start the proses to figure out just what in the hell happened shortly.

some things I do know are this.

I was abundantly CLEAR and I really mean UNMISTAKABLE what I was seeking relief from.

I was approved

I received a refund of 63 cents what that was for I have no idea as im always on top of my taxes and never try to cheat ore am I ever late. IMO paying tax and voting are the last duties I can do for my country and I will do these as best I can come hell ore high water.

it also is apparent we were accepted by the same team as we are both from the Maritimes.

my taxes were late getting done so when I called they told me mine had to go back for further adjustments . when I asked and prodded to what they were they refused to say they just would say no further info is required from me .

this made me very curious . why would they not tell me what was going on with my own taxes ???

did I post my acceptance letter to quick????

did the powers that be see that and get to the team leader and tell her to straighten this out so no one gets the deemed tax eliminated ????

I don't have any real answers for you yet all I can say is very shortly I will be working this problem.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 12:44

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 12:25

Harper's Ferry, don't know what to say, there is no consistency or theme with CRA. Some get denied 1198 all together, others get reassessed taxes, while others get their files or part there of missing within the hub of CRA. I wish I had a solution or advice for you but as some have said Propat may have some direction to offer you. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

I'm a needin' some help Empty I'm a needin' some help

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:40

I sent in my tax relief form '97-'12(inclusive)and received a letter ,today stating,and I quote,"I have decided to allow you relief of arrears interest assessed on the 2013 income tax form".When I phoned the number provided the gentleman said that I was getting a cheque for $190.34 ???Needless to say I was dumbfounded as I was hoping to of had the deemed tax portion of my 1198 waived

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:20

message propat on here he can help you

Back to top Go down

I'm a needin' some help Empty I'm a needin' some help

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 10:54

Hi everyone.This is my first post and i was wondering if anyone can help me regarding the tax relief form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum