Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monthly Health Premiums

Go down

Monthly Health Premiums Empty Monthly Health Premiums

Post by Teentitan Sat 08 Jan 2011, 12:22

I called CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) and asked how far back can I go to claim my monthly health premiums under medical expenses? Here's the answer:

1. 3 years
2. To start the process go the www.cra.gc.ca and in their search engine type "how to change your return"
3. Fill out the form: T1 Adjustment Request
4. Send it in.
5. CRA might go back as much as 10 years. It is not guarenteed they will but they might.

So remember to claim your monthly premiums for both PSHCP (Public Service Health Care Plan) and PDSP (Pensioners Dental Service Plan) on this years tax returns!
You are allowed to calculate and prove your monthly premiums by using the Yearly Pension Statement the CF pension office sends you every year. Copy your pension statement for your own files and put the original with your tax return if you e-file or if you send in your tax return via snail mail.

PLEASE NOTE: If you or your spouse has a severe injury go to www.cra.gc.ca and in the search engine type out "T 1013". This is the "Authorized Representative" form. Fill it in, sign it and send it into the address shown and you will now be able to have the authority to take care of your spouse's taxes.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down