Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ELB Empty Re: ELB

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 16:53

Vac sent me a message thru my vac account telling me that I am indeed on Extended Earnings loss benefit but because of my Sisip ltd income I receive no payment. News to me they also said I am eligible for the new RISB at 65 and as soon as Sisip ltd payments stop at 65.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:33

Dannypaj , you mentioned three children with respect to ELB. As far as I know ELB is a percentage of final year salary to get you to 75% and amount of children plays no part in that amount. Please explain as I do not receive any additional money for children under ELB but I do under my monthly disability from VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:53

No, I am grateful for what I am receiving now!and it is better then what I was getting before. 
PIA to re- apply; I will have to ask my CM if I should even bother. I hate the wait.
I haven't applied for the CPPD!

I am hoping transitioning to gainful suitable employment will eliminate the need for CPPD or any other sort of financial help that is available for a person with a disability. I hate feeling like I am some sort of a welfare case, even though I am not.  I am left feeling this way. (bottom line here is respect).
You should apply for this and that and hope for the best.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:37

buds with all the changes going on id be re-applying for the PIA and supplement soon.

have you ever applied for CPPD???

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:33

It sure beats the old veterans charter you had to be paralized or missing a couple limbs to receive any sort of compensation worth while. sisip wouldnt rehab and they could cut you off when ever they felt like it. cut me off in 2000 3kids no ELB back up, 600 reg pension 300 va month, percentages were very low 5 10% max. you had to go up in front of 8 old men smoking cigars and plead your case that SUCKED.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:14

I received it last week the same day I received the $80 something COLA cheque.  (That'll pay for some of the cost at H&R block to do my taxes.

My ELB T4 is rated at the basic amount.  $42122.96 three children.  deducted 6623.64 for income taxes.  No other financial payment.

Funny thing is I have been approved for the DTC but I can't receive any secure monthly benefits from VAC except the earnings loss, although I have service related injuries.  Example, I wasn't able to qualify for the PIA.............but able to receive the DTC. ....what is with that?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 08:54

How much dignity do you have to give up to get ELB and what kind of hoops do you have to jump through, need some sort of back up if i lose sisip appeal.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 05 Mar 2015, 16:24

Twisted Evil

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 03 Mar 2015, 15:20

No T4 VAC ELB again today.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 14:14

nav buds ya may want some of those to know SISIP is issuing 2014 T-SLIPS for those that received COLA retro in January . they are going to want those before they do their 2014 taxes buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:42

I am going to guess that those waiting for their T4's from VAC should start receiving them this Week.

If by Friday no one has received theirs - then I would think there is a problem, and then would be the time to contact the CRA to request answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:42

That is easy, if you know the exact amount, down to the penny, that you were supposed to get from VAC. But without cheque stubs, you can only estimate what you were supposed to get, by adding the COLA to the amount on your T4 from last year. But after the tax nightmare that we had last year, I'm not going to take the chance of putting in an incorrect amount.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 09:12

Just file your taxes online, you don't need a t4a, just add up all your ELB payments for the year aNd add up all the tax deductions, enter the info using Ufile or turbo tax then netfile it. If CRA needs anything they will contact you. Everyone at my legion has done it Because some have not received VAC t4a  yet

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:53

The fact that they would not tell you that they were mailed out, isn't very promising.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 03 Mar 2015, 07:24

negative..your pathetic account does nothing for you pal..and I called yesterday...could NOT get an answer....good luck

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum