Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rick Hillier speaks out

3 posters

Go down

Rick Hillier speaks out Empty Re: Rick Hillier speaks out

Post by Teentitan Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:58

Pinger yes Hillier did very well as CDS by getting the CF equipment and driving the mission.

The problem I have is that he said no amputees will be released unless he says so when he was CDS. That was going beyond his job as CDS. Military medical releases are decided by CMP not the CDS. But because he said it the CF was forced to do it. In other words he dared to have his decision challenged knowing he had the majority of Canadians on his side.

When he retired and Gen Natynzk took over one of the very first jobs he had was to reverse Hillier's command of not releasing amputees.

If Hillier had of started to advocate for veterans or even stepped on board as the DM for VAC he would have pushed for the imporvement of the NVC a lot faster then now.

Too many CDS's when they retire take the high paying jobs. It would be great to have them do some time helping vets because they would know where all the skeletons are buried.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:59

Maybe he's pissed cause if the NDP, liberal, and independent 15 people actually did show UK, the vote would of been 142 ye, to 144 na and they would of lost it, with a majority government...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:40

Well Teen, 

I really don't know squat about Rick or Walt, beyond my time. The v. little I remember is did Rick Hillier not start a real shyte-storm with GoC when he was the CDS? Something about lacking resources or equipment to be effective somewhere? Then he was gone. Shot himself in foot?

With Rick Hillier speaking out as a "civie" perhaps he has the foresight to see how some mp's no show's will impact VAC in the future. Rearview mirror not required, just common dog feck.

DM of VAC Walt Nat, better yet Minister O'Toole should have written that article instead of Rick as the future will affect their very ministry, but that would be biting the hand that feeds you would it not?

Anyhow, what really struck me about the article was how the no-shows for this important vote reminded me of Senators who are so often awol from their own meetings...

jmo and thoughts,

Tx for being a flashlight in the mushroom patch teentitan. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 31 Mar 2015, 19:39

You know what pisses me off about Rick Hillier?!?!

He is chirping away in the background instead of using his 'influence' to help veterans by being more vocal about the sons and daughters he commanded in Afghanistan during his tenure as CDS!!

Damn good thing Walt Natnyzk is the DM of VAC...at least he isn't abandoning his troops!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Rick Hillier speaks out Empty Rick Hillier speaks out

Post by pinger Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:47

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ex-general-rick-hillier-angry-at-mp-no-shows-for-isis-vote-1.3016401

Bear in mind the vote was 142 - 129 in favour.
Interesting the no shows were listed in the article.
pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down