Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP (d) Question

Go down

CPP (d) Question  Empty Re: CPP (d) Question

Post by Nemo Mon 13 Apr 2015, 18:45

I had to rush off to town and then came back to look some more. Tho u don't qualify under their rules, there is a provision that you just might fall under. I put it below for u. So I guess it would not hurt u to apply for it under this provision. At the worst, they will reject u. At best, u will get it and then SISIP will strip off that amount from what they pay u. And if u get CPP(D) then your military pension would be reduced immediately upon receipt of CPP(D). CPPD) converts at 65 to regular CPP>

I applied too late for a CPP disability benefit

If you are applying for a CPP disability benefit but stopped working so long ago that you are now too late to apply but you meet all the other conditions of eligibility, you may still be eligible for a benefit. This is called the late applicant provision

You may be eligible if:

you had enough years of CPP contributions when you first became severely disabled
you have been continuously disabled (as defined by CPP legislation) from that date up to the present time.

Contact us for more information.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2015, 16:37

Thanks Nemo
....There maybe a loop hole ...if you applied and were rejected ....and your haven't worked and are still unable ...special considerations may apply.... I read on a Cee Dee comments ( long ago) where he got it after ...that initial time frame ....

NTL based on what you said there seems no benefit to me even reapplying

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 13 Apr 2015, 16:05

So answer to Question #1 - NO...Cause u don't qualify

Question #2 - irrelevant - cause you are not qualified to apply for CPP(D)

But again, you can apply for your regular CPP with penalty for each year you take it prior to reaching age 65. At age 65, you would no longer have a penalty.  

Just remember tho, that when you turn 65 your military pension will be reduced.  You can see the amount of reduction now on your pension statement you get.  They never used to put that on the statement and so many were very shocked at age 65 to see their CF pension dramatically reduced.

It is also reduced if you get CPP(D) but again in your case you do not qualify for it.

Last edited by nemo on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 16:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 13 Apr 2015, 16:00

Recently in AB, a man with terminal cancer tried to get CPP(D) and they said he did not meet the requirements of a prolonged and severe condition. They refused his disability but said he could just apply for his regular CPP as he was past the age of 60. I assume though his condition was severe, it was not prolonged as he would die soon.

In your case, if you have not worked since your release in 2004, you are no longer eligible to apply for CPP(D). But you could get your regular CPP at any time. But you would be penalized for every year you took it prior to age 65.

To qualify for a Canada Pension Plan (CPP) disability benefit, you must have contributed to the CPP in:

four of the last six years, or..three of the last six years if you have contributed for at least 25 years.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

CPP (d) Question  Empty CPP (d) Question

Post by Ex Member Mon 13 Apr 2015, 15:41

I applied Cpp d prior to being 3b released in 2004 and was rejected ....I never applied again ...A couple of time I was asked my Manulife to reapply several years apart...I told them I don't meet the guide lines to reapply and they stopped asking me  .... ....I haven't worked in 11 yrs .... and I am over 61 .....
Question #1 should I reapply? ...
Question #2 How would it benefit me? .....My sisip ltd always has exceeded what my cpp D would have paid me (I am aware there maybe some chance I may get it) ...
After reading some older comments posted on this site I am curious of others opinions on this situation!  

TY in advance.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum