Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain Clinic?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pain Clinic? Empty Re: Pain Clinic?

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:15

Thanks section...my wife is a nurse and was googling the diclofenac compound you described last night, trying to see the mechanism for it to work. Interesting how some topicals, with ingredients that work on brain mechanisms, actually work on the skin. I realize the skin is a large organ but the way it works is quite interesting. Keep posting alternatives please. And no matter how well you teach your kids, send them to post secondary education, etc. they do what they want when they grow up. I am more like a potato head than a pothead these days though!! I moved to the island in late 2013 and found out that BC means...buy cannabis. Go figure.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:00

Wild thing I was diagnosed years before my current orthopedic surgeon. Complete loss of disc space in 3 and 50 - 75ish% loss in another 2 discs. So my vertebrae are left doing this jig/tap dance thing with the exiting nerves and most days are a saturday night. No, I was not Gagetown but East Coast hairybag.

Sapper, were both describing a transdermal whatever cream. Where yours uses high CBD as an anti-inflamatory agent and smells like coconut oil (pothead:) , mine uses diclofenac and is all synthetic based including the 10w40... reeely works though and is better than some lala land pills I've known.

Cheers to you.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Sep 2015, 16:02

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAPPER will check it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:48

Hey gang...my daughter is a "bud tender" at a local medical marihuana dispensary and has put me on to a new product. It is a topical derivitive of pot with high CBD and low THC. This salve is in a coconut oil base and smells and feels quite nice. The THC is low and doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, so no THC in blood system. The anti-inflamatory properties are good and has actually reduced the swelling and pain in one of my mangled limbs. I put my arm in a tensor for a couple hours and it feels good. The product is Indico Tears deep healing formula by indicasativatradingcompany.com Not an endorsement of a particular company, just want you to know other alternatives. Be well.
Seaside Sapper Celebrating 47th Birthday today, by the sea

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 23:51

Pinger what did your orthopedic doctor diagnose you with neropathy sick nerves, And did you serve in gagetown. damn a lot of vets have this and it sucks. What a waste of a persons life serving this country and suffering so bad without proper compensation.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 01 Sep 2015, 22:31

Something my orthopedic doctor prescribed recently and it's helping me for pain. It does not have a name, and forget Shoppers drugmart. It's a legitimate ointment/salve that's compounded and made at an apothecary.
10% Diclofenac, 5% Amitriptyline, 5% Lidocaine
It only takes away my squashed nerve imp. pain.
Does not help the dropfoot, cogwheeling, tremors, numbness and stuff. Just the pain.
$70 per 50g though! It doesn't make me wonky... but maybe I glow in the fracking dark now?

Stay well all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 03:30

LOL keep using it apply 10 squits next time find your doseage.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 30 Apr 2015, 21:16

Was curious so I bought some today, the spray. Different ingredients (natural) but the same effect as the tiger balm I've used half my life. Less mucky though.
If I was pickled in it I'd be pain free though. Can you drink it? LOL pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 00:10

Thanks! Can't wait to try it. I'll let u know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 19:12

Never had any thing like that happen this penitrates relaxes the muscles and deadens the nerve pain. you get initial warmth but that goes away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 18:40

Might give that a try! although..we tried Lakota..and it burned him he said. Soon as he sweats, it goes through the skin, and ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 17:52

LOL no its not as hot as that stuff any part of the body that is stiff and painful it works great been using it for six years now pleasent smell to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 29 Apr 2015, 17:16

Looked it up online. Looks interesting. Use caution applying this topical medication. I had absorbine on my low back a while ago...then sweated...ooooh. Could have run an olympic 50 metre dash...had I been able to move!!
Sorry Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 06:55

To many people suffering with no relief in sight. the only thing for sure is he has a damn good women supporting him. i have a spray i use it gives me about 30 min of relief some times an hour it is all natural. It is called redfeather check on line to see where you can get it. give him 4 or 5 good sprayes to the area of pain, within 30 seconds he will start to swear in 5 min he should be ready to get frisky.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 28 Apr 2015, 21:52

mikswife, I really commend you for what you are doing. Keep your seatbelt tight. I'm in the same boat as your hubby and others.
Minus 5 discs for 30 years and all the pain clinics in between. Got rid of bad pills, bad whisky, and bad wives. No surgeon is going to cut my back until I'm paralyzed. What is my solution? I take it in stride best I can with the pain. Period. Just kinda used to it but it's a son of a bee... and no lol. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next