Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veteran Mortgage?

4 posters

Go down

Veteran Mortgage? Empty Re: Veteran Mortgage?

Post by sabrelove Sun 03 May 2015, 18:45

Donnie, I'm not surprised that it's not a competitive offer. You have to be vigilant when shopping around, especially for mortgages. I get the feeling its more to retain serving military by making it easier to move their mortgage when they are posted. That's a big business they don't want to lose. It looks like you pay a bit for the convenience, though.

I do have some fun. When booking a hotel, especially in person, I tell them, I'm military, have CAA, and I'm really cute....what's the best deal you got? After they laugh, I usually can get an in-house deal that beats them all.

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnieD Sun 03 May 2015, 18:01

sabrelove wrote:Donnie,  try this link from the CFMWS site.  It may be what you are thoning about.

https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CDCB/NewsEvents/Pages/default.aspx

https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CDCB/Pages/SpecialOffers.aspx (better info under the "special offers link")

Sabrelove

Thanks for the answers guys, pretty much called BMO which has apparently some kind of special offer (not special at all) from the listed links above. Looks like they don't care that much about vets, they told me they have a special percentage that is only for veterans but luckily I checked the current rates earlier today with other banks and asked her if shes joking when she offered a the highest rate out of all banks. Really annoyed me tbh.

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 03 May 2015, 16:56

After WWII, Veterans Affairs offered interest free mortgages, small business loans, and payed for university degrees. But I guess when every single elected member in the Hoc, had served in the military, Veterans are going to be treated well. But as years have gone by, and the number of Veterans getting elected dwindled, so has the available benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Sun 03 May 2015, 16:16

Donnie,  try this link from the CFMWS site.  It may be what you are thoning about.

https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CDCB/NewsEvents/Pages/default.aspx

https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CDCB/Pages/SpecialOffers.aspx (better info under the "special offers link")

Sabrelove

Last edited by sabrelove on Sun 03 May 2015, 16:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a better link)

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 03 May 2015, 15:56

Hi Donnie, I got out in 01. I cannot recall any program then or now. Just your usual bank mortgage. And I havent heard of any giving special rates to us. But thats an awesome idea. But then again my head spacing is wonked too. Someone else on here may know of something..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Veteran Mortgage? Empty Veteran Mortgage?

Post by DonnieD Sun 03 May 2015, 14:39

I was released from the army about 8 years ago and have some memory problems but i remember at the time there was some kind of support for people looking to get a mortgage, i wasn't interested at the time but now I am. Can someone tell me if I'm making this up or is there something specific for us Canadian veterans when getting a mortgage. If not is there a company or something to has better plans / contracts for new owner mortgages for canadian veterans. Like I said i might be getting mixed up as I know american veterans have special mortgage plans . Please let me know, thanks.

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum