Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veteran Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits

+2
bigrex
6 posters

Go down

Veteran Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits Empty Re: Veteran Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits

Post by johnny211 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 09:23

Dannypaj - I also am 3/4 of the way thur this book. Very good read indeed. I do see his points about all the Vet gps forming to have one huge voice. I think this is starting to happen with all the gp stakeholders meeting as teen does. But you are right we the old and young, PA or NVC soldiers have been getting fracked for years. I am under both, and know the struggles I have had these past 15 yrs. I have boxes of redtape to prove it. I won't try one piece out, becausse I have little faith in them after the battles.
I do know from being here in Charlottetown, and hearing the rumours from my Vet friends that the MVA and DM have hired some of our most seriously injured, to do round table meetings, and asking them for the things that need changeing. But there is one big change that needs to happen in Oct..
VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Veteran Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits Empty Re: Veteran Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits

Post by Dannypaj Sun 09 Aug 2015, 08:43

I am tired of the BS!  I could understand if it was only happening to me, but this is happening to too many veterans of all ages and eras.
I started to read A Dirty Little Skirmish last night and my blood pressure was rising as I turned the page and continued to read about the arrogance of our government.  
This book is opening up my eyes to the world of VAC and just reaffirms what I have always thought; which is that the Government of Canada is an irresponsible provider of care to the men and women in uniform who have sustained injuries due to their service.  
For you folks at VRAB when a soldier tells you that something is wrong and he or she has the documentation to prove it, it is not your job to fracking deny it, it is your job to approve it and ask for more information if you are in doubt.  This one sided decision process is absorb, I am not a liar and when I read complaints by other veterans, I assume they are not liars as well, I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Here it is, if you are fighting VRAB you will spend years and years trying to fight a system that is designed to lessen the compensation that you are entitled to.  It has been designed and mandated by the feds to save money and balance the budget even  if it causes heartaches and suicides.      
What a mess of a system!  People falling between the cracks, a culture of denial, and misrepresentation of veterans, poor medical care, closing offices, and government’s statements contradicting veterans loud cry for help. The GOC is fracking its veterans and it even uses the OVO to state that we don’t understand the issue.  No we don’t just understand it, we are living it.
Just to sum up, a dirty little skirmish it might be, but they have picked the wrong people to fight with. Canadian soldiers are some of the brightest men and women and they will definitely win their battle against this Government of Canada.  Harper I think your days are numbered in office.  
Now to decide which one of the other three clowns I will vote into office. Harper! I thought you would have a change of heart and fix what is broken you jack ass.
Go Frack yourself!
Sincerely,
A pissed off veteran
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 08 Aug 2015, 22:48

"  it is completely f#*%$d " Yup. To serve from 1950 - 1973 as a PO1 in weapons surface and get fracked around for hearing aids?
He showed me the audio paperwork 1960 to the present. v.v. Evil or Very Mad
As far as his pension cut in half he is waiting for a pdq letter from PEI because he... could not HEAR the fellow on the fraking telephone.
VIP? Oh he could use that alright, but good morning VAC... HE'S NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THAT BEFORE!!!
Will keep in touch with him. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 04 Aug 2015, 17:51

To be honest, it is completely f#*%$d. My father gets his hearing aids paid for, but yet was denied a disability award for his hearing. He was a Field Engineer, and EOD expert for 25 years, yet VAC said there was no evidence that he had been exposed to loud noises. Luckily, he gets two generous pensions, or he could be struggling.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 04 Aug 2015, 16:45

The link you posted 6608 is a follow up to one on July 26 here...
http://www.lfpress.com/2015/07/26/feds-wont-shell-out-for-old-gunner
That is the one I read a week or so ago.
And yes, a disability pension cut in half (?) is bizzare. scratch

It is not some allowance, EIA,WVA, or VIP. Nope.
It's a lot of money per month, cut in half.
I'll know better when I swap pics and sea stories with him soon.
But hey VAC (wink wink)... he's still got the fight in him.
Him and his wife both. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 16:13

could be wrong but I think they sayed he got the pension in 02.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 15:11

I do know that there is a lot of hearing claims being put in by seniors which makes it a NVC application.

If he selected monthly payments over lump sum that may be what is being cut in half.

The reporter should have pushed him to call VAC and get him to ask again and take notes. Poor reporter skills.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 04 Aug 2015, 14:57

The only thing I could see being cut by half, would possibly be his VIP. I know mine has dropped twice, by almost $1000 overall, since they switched to the new bursary.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 11:44

Yes indeed sounds strange , it must be NVC related - not PA pension unless of course they cut from like you say one of his allowances , but even that is not common action.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 11:32

Trooper, that's what he would like to know but i would guess its not his PA pension that was reduced but one of the allowances (they are paid together) being tax free...............still sounds strange though

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:52

Oh yeah thank god for the press - your right 6608 , just another example how things have not changed.

Does anyone here on the site have an Idea what there talking about when they say he lost half his pension ?

Back to top Go down

Veteran Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits Empty Veteran Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits

Post by 6608 Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:04

Well not much has changed so far.................see link below

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/08/03/military-tired-of-battling-ottawa-over-his-benefits-gerald-austin-turned-to-the-free-press-then-veterans-affairs-called

Military: Tired of battling Ottawa over his benefits, Gerald Austin turned to The Free Press. Then Veterans Affairs called . . .

surprise surprise...............lol

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down