Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New VAC Card

+3
Kramer
Teentitan
tetech
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New VAC Card - Page 2 Empty Re: New VAC Card

Post by bigrex Fri 07 Aug 2015, 15:30

How is it that different than how things are right now? When I show up with prescription, be it for drugs, or a walker, or some other medical device, they take my card with my K#, call the authorization centre, and it either gets approved or denied. So if Veterans can continue to get the same level of service, without registering this card, then the card itself is pretty much useless, and would be completely redundant if they merely created an online resource, that service providers could access using our existing client cards. Also eliminate the need for prescriptions, for items that have been approved previously, or obviously related to a pensioned condition. But instead, they probably spent millions creating these new cards, millions better spent elsewhere.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 07 Aug 2015, 13:24

The card is for the Service Provider to use to get payed.

Just got some new info for you to pass onto your Service Provider. The Service Provider registers with Blue Cross.

You show them your card with your K#

They go online look you up and they either get an authorization code or request one.

You will either get the item then or you may have to wait until the Service Provider gets an authorization to issue the item to you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 07 Aug 2015, 13:07

OK, so our coverage doesn't change, even if we register, and we can access the VAC "my account" anyways, without having to learn a new ID number, so what exactly is the purpose of the card? Wasting tax payers money, that could have been put towards actually benefiting Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 07 Aug 2015, 12:31

Here is some important info you need to remember

You do not have to register your new Blue Cross card if you do not want to. All your previous coverage stays the same. If you are in doubt call the NCCN. You can also keep your old Blue Cross card too.

If you know an older veteran who is not online please tell them to keep using their old card and put the new one at the back of their wallet.

If you DO register you are going to get an email from Blue Cross with two things on it:
1. a Unique ID #
2. a temporary password

YOU NEED TO KEEP THE UNIQUE ID# AS YOU NEED IT WHEN YOU GO INTO THE "MY ACCOUNT" TAB ON YOUR PROFILE TO UPDATE OR CHANGE. This Unique ID# is what Blue Cross uses.

The temporary password is only good for the first time you enter the website. Your NEW password is good for My Account.

Once you are registered and in your profile it's Play and Discover time.

So please if you know an older vet who is not online help them by telling them to put the new Blue Cross card in the back of their wallet and forget it.

Still trying to get more info that you can pass onto Service Providers that despise VAC Blue Cross more then us. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 06 Aug 2015, 22:33

How come there isn't one national ID card with a picture on it identifying a member as a veteran? They can afford this kind of card, so why can they not afford one that will solve the problem of fraudulently impersonating a soldier?  Plus it is also good for discounts..... The only card I have is this new VAC card, so in order to obtain a DND discount, I will have to show them my blue cross card displaying that I am veteran but with a disability.  One national card with a picture on it would be appreciated.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 14:56; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 06 Aug 2015, 22:06

My internet has been very slow ever since the Sunday night storm. On Monday I had no internet and only late Tuesday did I get a little. I was thinking my modem was pooched. I contacted my ISP and was told there were major modem and router issues in the Grey, Bruce and Simcoe County's. I now have internet but it is still slow.

I am wondering if the slowness could be because of what many are experiencing????

I got my card but haven't attempted to do anything with it yet.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 06 Aug 2015, 20:53

I got mine yesterday and registered it on the Blue Cross website. A lot of people are registering and it is sloooooow. I also had a problem registering so I called the Blue Cross help line on the website and the lady was nice to register me.

Once in the site your info comes up. It was so dang slow I gave up and will try late at night.

I also am trying to gather more info on all the new Blue Cross changes....specifically Service Provider registration.

I imagine I'm not the only one to be turned away by a Service Provider because getting the billing code is too much work and complicated for them.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

New VAC Card - Page 2 Empty New VAC Card

Post by tetech Thu 06 Aug 2015, 20:42

Did anyone else receive their new Blue Cross VAC card?

It does not list Program Group or VIP coverage.

tetech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2