Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the ELB clawed back like Sisip?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is the ELB clawed back like Sisip? Empty Re: Is the ELB clawed back like Sisip?

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 14:41

ya cant see them making any substantial increase to the PA pension they never promised it so I don't expect it . if you offer a chance to choose the monthly PA pension that would be equality when it comes to pain and suffering benefits at least for those that choose the monthly .if ya choose the buyout well that would be on you.

I agree about the 350,000.00 mark is around what I expect 345 actually but 350 is a good round number .

I wouldn't expect much retro on the ELB thing at least beyond April 1st 2016 if we are extremely lucky April 1st 1st 2015. not a penny before that date is what im thinkin .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 30 Nov 2015, 13:20

It would be nice if they increase the monthly pension, by the same % as the potential increase the lump sum, aside from the annual COLA, even if going forward only. Another thing that would be nice is if they make the 90% ELB retroactive, but I wouldn't hold my breathe.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 13:17

I like your thinking ,Pipes, I sure hope the new government is thinking the same way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pipes Mon 30 Nov 2015, 13:05

I think they are tied together, the lump sum and the 100% pension amount. The way I see it is that the lump sum can not be any more or less than the 100% pension amount otherwise there would be even more bias between the old and new veterans. If this were so then one group would have a greater financial benefit. I don't think the new Minister would allow that and would make everything equal accross the board.

To keep things in line with the Civi sector the 100% pension amount of $300 000ish would have to be raised to about $350 000. This is a 17% increase. I beleive the Lump sum for the NVC will be raised to this level and the New Vets can choose to have a payout or get this amount pensioned. The Old Vets and the New Vets benefits should or have to be the same.

Also the Minister is mandated to increase the ELB to 90% from 75% (retroactive? Probably not). This is another 15% increase. If both of these increases happen the benefits for all veterans will be close or at par with the Civi world.

Pension guy at 100% gets about $2600
Increase of 17% = $442
the $2600 is now $3042

ELB 75% to 90% based on Cpl 4 approx $4900 a month.
75% = $3675
90% = $4410
Total increase of $735!

So it is possible that the maximum increase in benefit could be $442 + $735 = $1177 a month.

Now if we could only end the Clawbacks!

Pipes
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:49

Don't know about the lump sum i will be taking monthly even at my age do not trust them never will so rehab and all them other benefits are not in the cards for me that is just the way it has to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:39

I don't believe the pension act monthly pensions will be increase , except for the cpi increase of 1.3 percent in Jan 2016, Are you saying that a 100 percent pension act monthly pension of around 2600 a month will be raised beyond the dpi increase. I'd love that

Back to top Go down

Post by Pipes Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:43

A boost to Veterans benefits would be great. How much do you think the lump sum amount is going to be raised to? For the Pension guys the pension is based on about $300 000, I figure that amount will increase to $350 000, any other guesses?

Pipes
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 30 Nov 2015, 07:19

Well, considering the lawsuit only around $800 Million, that leaves quite a hefty sum still available to really boost Veterans benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 04:26

Big Rex the surplus was 14.5 billion before the claw back lawsuit. LTD is a way they can use an insurance company to screw disabled vets over without getting their hands dirty it should be under VA leaving the scummy insurance company behind and the 13.5 billion surplus should go into the veterans budget and not bureacrats pockets. That is where the money could be used to make the changes necessary to fix the whole mess created by previous governments. This whole sisip thing is a way of receiving kick backs there is no other reason for it to exist. harper has used that money for other things so it is only a surplus on paper now IOU as they had to shuffle money around to pay the claw back the bunch of crooks. I Looked up the surplus two years ago you wont find it on line now as sisip is on lock down after lawsuit.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 13:02

Lordy lordy... LMAO RR.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Nov 2015, 14:07

Never assume the more convoluted things are the more they can fudge your mental capacity in trying to figure out the whole damn mess lol

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Nov 2015, 20:09

I agree nav. They have to be paying manulife millions to administer the SISIP program. Money that would be better served putting into VAC, especially considering how much money has to still be sitting as a surplus in the SISIP fund
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 19:23

I still believe they will merge the ELB and ltd programs. They are for the most part identical and a lot of money could be saved by doing this , I assume!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Nov 2015, 19:13

The only real difference I believe is the money earned from actual employment while collecting SISIP/ELB. SISIP deducts it at 50%, but VAC allows you to earn up to $5000/annually before deducting anything. And if you are particpipating in an approved rehab program, they will deduct it by 50%. If you aren't involved in an approved program, they will deduct it at 100%
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 17:27

yes.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum