Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sailor who doubled in size on navy diet wins disability benefits

3 posters

Go down

Sailor who doubled in size on navy diet wins disability benefits Empty Re: Sailor who doubled in size on navy diet wins disability benefits

Post by bigrex Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:00

Navrat is correct. it is hard to exercise while at sea, especially if you are sailing in a 1 in 2 watch system, (5hrs on, 5hrs off, 7 on, 7 off). But you do what you can. When in port, you had guys who closed up at a nearby bar for the duration, and you had others that walked around sight seeing. I was a gym rat, so I would try to find a gym, or at least a basketball court, and spend hours shooting around (my basketball has seen more countries than most people, lol). That was at least until my knees and back gave out in the early thirties, and could barely walk down the hallway, let alone dunk again.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Sailor who doubled in size on navy diet wins disability benefits Empty Re: Sailor who doubled in size on navy diet wins disability benefits

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 09:00

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 08:51

Navrat wrote:It's very hard to burn a lot of calories on ship, I was lucky, I had to drag around a ton of medals, hard work, kept me in shape!
LOL @ Nav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 23:57

It's very hard to burn a lot of calories on ship, I was lucky, I had to drag around a ton of medals, hard work, kept me in shape!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 07 Jan 2016, 14:53

Personally, I find this decision for a disability award a load of crap. We all eat different food when we joined the military. My spouse was in the air force but had to serve 2 years in the navy on a ship in the late 70's. He did not become obese.

People have to take some responsibility for what they put in their mouths. If you are gaining weight then you have to eat less. The so called obesity epidemic is because of people putting too much calories into their mouths.

It is not sugar making one fat. Nor the french fries or burgers. Granted, none of that stuff is good for you but it all comes down to calories in and how many you will burn.

People need to suck it up and take responsibility for themselves.

And as a disclaimer, I do realize that a small number of people that are overweight are overweight due to medical problems including medications. But that does not apply to the majority that are overweight.

Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jan 2016, 19:38

No problem johnny I figured you were away when this was posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 06 Jan 2016, 18:35

Tks Trooper, missed that one, as I had a Pina Colada in one hand, while looking at the sites down south, while doing ptsd therapy at that time..lol. VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Sailor who doubled in size on navy diet wins disability benefits Empty Sailor who doubled in size on navy diet wins disability benefits

Post by johnny211 Wed 06 Jan 2016, 15:19

I really don't know what to say about this article. Being on the Army side, and not Navy. But I know we all had to eat what we had, and I suppose it is how much we
decided to eat. I will let others voice their comments. But it is quite interesting...VVV..

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1325370-sailor-who-doubled-in-size-on-navy-diet-wins-disability-benefits

johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down