Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr: The Energizer Bunny who’s back in the game

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr: The Energizer Bunny who’s back in the game Empty Re: Kent Hehr: The Energizer Bunny who’s back in the game

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 16:03

Remember this ;

Emphasis on this last sentence : " Hehr said the government's first steps include reopening regional veterans affairs offices and hiring more staff."

Kent Hehr says Liberals will move quickly to help veterans

Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr says the Liberals will move quickly to solve problems facing former Canadian Forces members.

At least 2,250 veterans are homeless, according to groundbreaking analysis
Canada's 1st veterans ombudsman shocked it took 5 years to track homeless vets
Veterans offices to be reopened by Liberals might be moved, minister says
Speaking in Calgary, Hehr said, "It's fair to say that the former government struggled on the veterans affairs file."

He added that he has an "aggressive mandate" from the prime minister to do better.

Hehr said everything is on the table, from finding jobs to homelessness.

The government recently released a report that estimated how many of Canada's homeless are former soldiers.

The study by Employment and Social Development Canada said 2,250 former soldiers use shelters on a regular basis.

Hehr said the government's first steps include reopening regional veterans affairs offices and hiring more staff.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/kent-hehr-says-liberals-will-move-quickly-to-help-veterans-1.3407456

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr: The Energizer Bunny who’s back in the game Empty Re: Kent Hehr: The Energizer Bunny who’s back in the game

Post by Dannypaj Tue 09 Feb 2016, 08:14

DELAY DENY AND DIE ! ! ! but of those young enough to wait it out??? It has been a scrambled waiting game...."no" to this, but maybe "yes" to that. Wait though I let you know soon, maybe in a year or two.  Hope you well while you wait,
sincerely the GOC.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 07:52

education is dangerous next time im voting for a high school drop out with experience to fix this fkn Country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 09 Feb 2016, 07:13

BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, WHERE ARE THOSE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS NOW? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? THE INJURED GET THEIR FINANCIAL SECURITY SLASHED AND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DISAPPEAR????I LIVED THOSE LAST 13 YEARS, WONDER WHY I AM PISSED...RELEASED IN 2003, RULES CHANGED AS TO BENFEIT THEIR OWN NEEDS. ANYONE ELSE FEEL BETRAYED BY THE GOC???
IT IS 2016 & I WILL FOGIVE AND FORGET. PLEASE IMPLEMENT THE PROMISES
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 09 Feb 2016, 07:03

THIS FIGHT STARTED IN 2003 and WE NEED TO FINISH THIS NOW ! ! !
http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/supreme-court-rules-against-mentally-incapacitated-veterans
2003 ?    13 years of mishandled money of the mentally incapacitated? NO F___ING KIDDING.

JUST a FREINDLY REMINDERS OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST LEADING TO WHERE WE ARE NOW

JUST PUSH THE LISTEN BUTTON ON THE LINK TO HEAR THE BROADCAST OF THE PAST
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 05:51

The article I suppose could be viewed as ( Reassuring ) I hope he uses some of that energy to give us an update on where things are standing on what progress..if any..is being made with regards to reinstating the lifelong pension.

Apparently..the House resumes next Week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 05:45

Howie1...Welcome to the CSAT Forum !

With regards to your first question..yes that is still the case..the Liberals continue to say that they will be bringing back the lifelong pension.

As to your second question..no details have been brought forward as of yet..as to how they plan on doing this only to say that they are working on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 00:29

Hello all. Another Ex Navy guy here. I am curious on a couple of things and am wondering if some of you may have heard or know some information on. After 20 years in I had to medical out for a couple of reasons. For one part I am under the old pension system for 15%, but for the new part I fell under the NVC for 50%. Now as the liberals have stated they were bringing back the pensions... Is that still the case? Ive been searching on this very point but was unable to find any new information(which actually led me to this site and forums)

If they do bring back the pensions, is there any information on how that would possibly work so as to fall under the pension system for the full 65%? I can understand paying back what we would have gotten over and above, but as it stands right now next year I will be fully paid up to where I would have been under the old pension system.

It kind of makes me mad that the liberals campaigned on the promise to bring back the pensions and yet, we have heard nothing on this as of yet. I suppose we will have to wait for the budget to see but you would think there would be some tidbits of information out there.

Anyways, I can see by reading some of the forums that I am not alone in this. Glad I found some people with the same issues in common!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Feb 2016, 22:20

It would be hard to estimate the costs for reinstating the pensions, because it will depend on how much of the lump sums that will have to be paid back.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 21:13

Great find Johnny, here is the chart for you.   Very Interesting figures

Investment                                                                                                                   2016/17          2017/18      2018/19     2019/20

Expanded Permanent Impairment Allowance                                                                     25                    25              25               25

Increase Earnings Loss Benefit                                                                                           38                    42              44               46

New Veterans Education Benefit                                                                                         80                    80              80               80

Re-open nine VAC offices                                                                                                     7                     7                 7                7

Increase the Last Post Fund by 50 percent                                                                           5                     5                 5                5

Support for veterans and their families                                                                               100                  100             100             100

Veterans' care Centres of Excellence                                                                                   20                     0                0                 0

Expand Veterans' Affairs service staff                                                                                  50                   50               50               50

Figures in millions of dollars

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 20:35

Good day all from the Spud  - This may have been posted prior, but I was just digging into the Liberal website to look for platform $ -  I found it at http://www.liberal.ca/costing-plan/
Sorry the paste lines did not line up to the yrs. I found it interesting how some line items are spread out over the 8 yrs, like reopen District offices?  And what line is the rtn to mthy pension in?  But maybe this was just the pre election projections, I'm not sure. So this is what I came across;

Veterans ---- In Millions of $

Investment   2016/17 2017/18  2018/19   2019/20
Expanded Permanent Impairment Allowance 25 25 25 25
Increase Earnings Loss Benefit 38 42 44 46
New Veterans Education Benefit 80 80 80 80
Re-open nince VAC offices 7 7 7 7
Increase the Last Post Fund by 50 percent 5 5 5 5
Support for veterans and their families 100 100 100 100
Veterans' care Centres of Excellence 20 0 0 0
Expand Veterans' Affairs service staff 50 50 50 50
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 19:45

I noticed that as well Rifleman. To be sure, there is very little being said at this point by Kent Hehr on the Veteran file whether on his facebook and/or his twitter account nor in the news medium.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 08 Feb 2016, 19:37

Wow the energizer bunny getting lots of backlash on his Facebook page

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 18:48

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 17:06

He sounds good to me, and just read the last paragraph , I believe these guys are going to deliver!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next