Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister Hehr provides update on first 100 days

+3
Teentitan
johnny211
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Minister Hehr provides update on first 100 days - Page 2 Empty Re: Minister Hehr provides update on first 100 days

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:11

I agree propat and Trooper with your post, well said. It should be noted that there is a storm brewing on MVA's facebook page today with Veterans vocalizing there dissatisfaction with the MVA's 100 day update. I predict that MVA will delete his facebook page in the near future because of the backlash and criticism from Veterans as we know that politicians avoid negative publicity at all costs .

Back to top Go down

Minister Hehr provides update on first 100 days - Page 2 Empty Re: Minister Hehr provides update on first 100 days

Post by Slaket Sat 13 Feb 2016, 08:52

Well our Master has finally addressed his people...
And I still do not see anything such as .."in the next 300 days we WILL do..."
I actually see the prelude to what I believe will be a big fat goose egg in the upcoming budget..
By appointing these two individuals he now has the excuse that until they come back to him with solid direction for their offices ..he does not want to commit any new funds..!
in other words...maybe next year the GoC will budet additional VAC funding..

I feel that if Life long Pensions..Increases to the buy out amounts...LTD/ELB bump to 90% were in fact on the table and with all the flak chucked at the Ministers office, he would have gave the slightest hint that it was coming..

I think the sinking dollar and the under estimated cost of the refugees, JT has made it known that the VAC issues are again on the back burner...

I do hope I am wrong!!
But I am not incorporating any of the election promises we are all awaiting into my household budget, that's for damn sure..!

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 07:33

The more I look at what has happened to our file in the past 100 days...I'm not so sure that appointing our Minister two appointments was such a good Idea.
This ( could ) work against Veterans in how much actually gets done on our file.
We had Ministers in the past who's sole appointment was the Minister of Veterans Affairs an they couldn't even get it right...what makes the Liberals think two appointments will work positively for Veterans.

I think our Minister is a decent human being with very good intentions , but not really sure his the right person to be the Minister of our file at least that's my impression thus far.
It is certainly true that he may end up being the best Minister appointed to the Veterans file , but nothing I've seen so far is leading me to believe that.

Thus far the Minister has not hit any real action towards what is in the overhaul promises they made...were just over a Month away from the budget an I could be wrong here but nothing is suggesting to me that anything significant is coming our way.
Will see...but I'm not going to get too optimistic as I have heard nothing to make me feel optimistic.

I believe that if our Minister continues to come out an continues to say that he intends to produce a higher standard for Veterans....without actually producing them...sooner or later he will have to answer for it....he can certainly continue to avoid the concerns Veterans have with regards to his Facebook....but you can rest assure if he doesn't start to do what he is suppose to do in acting on his promises....he will eventually have to respond as I'm sure he will be publicly challenged.

Don't get me wrong...helping out the homeless is definitely a good thing an care centers also...these should be in the priorities...but if that's all they can handle at one time...we have a major problem....continuing to say that they are working on other issues without giving more details with respect to the progress is just not acceptable.

Perhaps the PM should have directed his Cabinet Ministers to stay in Ottawa until their Mandate's were completed.

Here we were discussing the return of the lifelong pension...now were discussing the other promises or lack of details on those other promises...what does that tell you about where the lifelong pension stands today ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 06:51

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 23:01

Excellent find BinRat

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Fri 12 Feb 2016, 22:36

Anyone have a LinkedIn account cause I found this but I haven't registered for it
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/timothy-kerr-57199b60

Timothy Kerr
Director, Veterans Priority Programs Secretariat

Ottawa, Canada Area
Public Policy
Current

Veterans Affairs Canada / Anciens Combattants Canada

Previous

Canadian Armed Forces | Forces armées canadiennes,
Bruyère

Education
King's College London

Websites
Company Website If ya click on the link it just takes you to VAC's website

Experience

Director, Veterans Priority Programs Secretariat
November 2015 – Present (4 months)
Canadian Armed Forces | Forces armées canadiennes
Director Naval Strategy, Royal Canadian Navy
August 2014 – November 2015 (1 year 4 months)

Director Naval Strategy, Royal Canadian Navy Aug 2014 - present
Deputy Director Current Plans, Strategic Joint Staff, Canadian Armed Forces 2013- Aug 2014
Commanding Officer-HMCS Algonquin 2010-2012
United Kingdom Advanced Command and Staff Course 13 2009-2010
Executive Officer HMCS Winnipeg 2007-2009
Executive Assistant to Commander Maritime Forces Atlantic 2006-2007
Deputy Director Current Plans, Strategic Joint Staff
July 2013 – August 2014 (1 year 2 months)
Return to Work program participant
January 2013 – June 2013 (6 months)
Bruyère
Stroke Rehabilitation patient
Bruyère
July 2012 – December 2012 (6 months)
Commanding Officer, HMCS Algonquin
November 2010 – June 2012 (1 year 8 months)

Education

King's College London
King's College London
Master’s Degree, Defence Studies, Distinction
2009 – 2010
Dalhousie University
Dalhousie University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science and Government
1989 – 1991

Volunteer Experience & Causes

Bruyère
Volunteer
Bruyère
January 2014 – Present (2 years 2 months)Health

Stroke Rehabilitation Unit

Causes Timothy cares about:

Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
Education
Health
Human Rights

Last edited by BinRat on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 22:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the last couple items)

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 21:15

I feel like I'm on the flipping X-Files! The new series was suppose to be better but it's turning to shtye! Kent I don't know how much longer I can give ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 21:11

Scotch gone , on to rum! See what you started Kent, if I have a hangover , somebody's paying for it, or at least covering my breakfast at McDonalds and I'm going to try that damn CF1 card for the flipping 10 percent discount!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 21:10

I want the buy out cancelled! That's the promise, Kent! I want the ELB/ltd increased to 90 percent. I don't need a pharmacy advisor I already get prescribed enough crap for my body! What don't you understand, the best medicine is cold hard CASH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:32

On facebook MVA Hehr's above letter isn't being received well.
Thanks 6608 for posting the update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:22

Well he's got the listening down pat. Now if he could just 'talk' about what he's hearing would be even better.

Well he's created a buffer between vets and him by adding Tim Kerr. Anyone know him or his contact info? Maybe he can give us updates.

Somewhat concerned about the National Pharmacy Advisor. First thought I had was 'another layer of red-tape' for support from service providers. Will have to wait and see how this one works....could be interesting.

Like the OSI for Caregivers. That should be very helpful especially if they develop it from input from actual Caregivers.

Wow this budget at the end of March is either going to be a blessing for vets (ELB/LTD bump) or it's going to be a major loss and we get nothing.

Like they said at the end of Batman.....stay tuned.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:15

Energizer Bunny alright....??

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:11

Lol , Navrat, you took the words right out of my mouth,,VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:11

Ya, thats all great Kent, but fluff stuff with big words. No talk here about pensions, ELB increase, $, etc..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016, 20:07

WTF! Kent start cutting those cheques!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next