Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley Empty Re: Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley

Post by Ex Member Thu 05 May 2016, 12:04

Agreed I'm done with the topic!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley Empty Re: Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley

Post by Rags Wed 04 May 2016, 21:19

Nav,

You have no idea what your talking about. As a wounded soldier that qualified for a wound stripe it was issued to you and was part of your uniform just like a medal.....you had to wear it. So knowing that Id suggest to you those fellows you are speaking to didn't get wounded in action otherwise they would have had one or two issued maybe more if unlucky. In fact if wounded in ww1 they wore a red stripe beside the gold to denote wounded in action other war. The fact is among wounded veterans we are a small unique club and they wear the wound stripe proudly. Check out any old photos those wounded had them sewn on the sleeve all very visible. There was also clubs devoted to only WIA soldiers to attend,I have been invited to several gatherings in the past chaired by ww2 veterans and Korea vets and 1 or 2 post Korea WIA vets. You Nav are talking through your tin foil hat. Id rethink what you are saying. I will join you for a beer in next 2 weeks and we can discuss this over a beer with the vets you talk about. There were very few RHLI vets who had been wounded when I was at the garrison and many less now that they have passed. Of those WIA I dont any of them that had the attitude you claim. These RHLI boys wore their WIA strips in photos and hid nothing. We are a small club and I dont know anyone of our group that said we got wounded so much we would have to get new uniforms if we got issued with WIA for each wound. Lets us leave this so others can add to the thread without your or my comments and you and I will settle it over a beer in a few weeks at the Legion or RHLI mess with your vets friends. I wonder if that hot female Camerons Highlander girl much older now is still at the Garrison....be nice to catch up with her after so long since my last date with her.

Wound Stripes are issued and worn on the basis of the official casualty list and worn by troops...FACT!

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 09:48

The ww2 veterans I have talked to have said they were injured so many times if they had been awarded a combat stripe each time they could have made a new uniform. Ww2 combat veterans say One veteran One standard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 09:16

@Rags

I doubt you will have many CSAT members that will be as open and nonchalant about their business as you've been.  To be frank, I'm shocked that you would present your perceived status as a measuring stick by which others are meant to gauge themselves.

This type of interaction with the veteran community as well as the public,  only serves to stigmatize, insult, dishonor, degrade, divide and confuse.  

Brother,  we are all in this together, there is no I in team.  Don't let the establishment get the upper hand.  Support the weakest link and do it with cunning and finesse.

McCauley is nothing more than a shit disturber.  His goal is to discredit the veteran community at large.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 03 May 2016, 22:34

Ok, let's agree to disagree and move on.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 03 May 2016, 22:24

Propat cool and then I have one supporter of my view that holds or should hold the WIA. The WIA was there just hard to get and your CO had to know about it. The reason the SM was brought into A Stan was that the WIA was so hard to get many in A Stan would not qualify.  

Nav.....I drank many a beer in the RHLI mess.....stole the RHLI COs grizzly new years eve back in the day. I will ensure I drop in next time I ride by Hamilton. I wont be wearing my medals though they are too heavy. If those RHLI Vets are the combat vets from WW2 they will remember me from my time at there mess dinners and around the bar. In person we will hear what you claim they say of me. Guess you didnt know how small a world it is. I was a member of that Garrison.

NAV be cautious I gave you Quarter last time and said nothing this time you tread on my honour I give you quarter again but this is the last.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 22:02

Forget about it! Meck 1033, it doesn't matter! I believe most if not all veterans would never support these views, at least the COMBAT veterans who landed at dieppe from the RHLI at my legion who I have shown these hero posts to just laugh and said they've seen their fair share of medal hunters, lol, a round for the old timers, on Navrat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 22:00

hold on rags im combat wounded so I know at least one on here . there are many that don't have an SM or WIA . NO combat wounded on ANY of MY tours has ever got a WIA .

I myself never even knew the WIA even existed until they came out with the SM.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 22:00

I was aware of the reference Rags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 03 May 2016, 21:52

meck1033,
It was a reference from the locked thread. WIA stands for the award of a "Wounded in Acton" strip, SM stands for "Sacrifice Medal". Since I had such opposition to my point of view I asked that people with a WIA or SM so we can hear from the silent minority I was suggesting is being drowned out. I suspect there are no members here on CSAT other then myself. When Im told no one on CSAT in 3 years supports my view point then I would suggest its because there are no combat wounded on CSAT.

So Im hoping to hear from a person who has earned a WIA or SM designation to see if they support my view or not. Im hearing crickets nothing but crickets.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 21:16

What is your point Rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 03 May 2016, 21:07

Cool Cool

I read with interest. I see no WIA or SM signature blocks have shown up yet.

Rags
MID,CD,WIA

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 20:27

I would not read this book  even if it was free on my Kindle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 20:08

I understand why Trooper and Big Rex locked down the thread! This book and what could be started by disinformation contained in it could effect a lot of veterans , meaning no benefits or pensions cut! The few veterans that support this book and support those who defend this book , you find them in every group, the jealous , the nasty, you know the ones who have such a depressive life that they take pleasure in inflicting hardship on others, when your screwing with a veterans means of putting food on the table things could get pretty heated. We all know where we stand and arguing with these Steve Harper wannabes is useless, better to ignore them ! One veteran One standard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 19:45

well pinger what happens on here anyway is we discuss it here on 2 or 3 different threads lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum