Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr's Latest Speech / Video / Stakeholder Summit / May 09 2016

4 posters

Go down

Kent Hehr's Latest Speech / Video / Stakeholder Summit / May 09 2016 Empty Re: Kent Hehr's Latest Speech / Video / Stakeholder Summit / May 09 2016

Post by Dannypaj Tue 10 May 2016, 06:18

Benefit of the Doubt?
Wait and see.
Well orchestrated fine tuned machine VAC is.
CCR is their new Slogan
Care Compassion and Respect
More like,
Cleary in Control Regardless of your health or wellbeing.
Worst experience ever, a failure dealing with DND and VAC.
Treated bad the moment I spoke up.
0 to 10 oh, also take a  way a 1/5 or maybe a 3/5 and then round it off as well to make it an easy to understand solution.
So, I rate them a 0/5 out of 0/10, so far.
Thanks for the progress speeches.
DON LE DIEU FERAY VALOIR
I WILL BE WORTHY

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr's Latest Speech / Video / Stakeholder Summit / May 09 2016 Empty Re: Kent Hehr's Latest Speech / Video / Stakeholder Summit / May 09 2016

Post by pinger Tue 10 May 2016, 10:00

I listened to the fluffy video. Curious about something. At approx 21:00 - 21:20 MVA says...

" ... We listened and we are changing the ways we assess claims with an evidence model for adjudication that takes into account the service members trade... specialties... " etc.

Not sure if I misunderstood, but's it's pretty vague if taken in a medical context.

Q: Who's / What "evidence model" ? Merck, DSM-V, the Mayo Clinic?

Maybe it's a new trade secret... silent
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Tue 10 May 2016, 10:45

What he was saying about the injuries showing up later is a lot harder to prove and the scope could be larger than he realizes.

One example would be the use of Varsol in the airforce. It was used liberally to clean parts, aircraft, hands, arms, floors - it was the go to cleaner up until the 1980's when it was found to have detrimental effects. Now people have lung disorders or peripheral neuropathy but no documented medical evidence of damage at the time.

Last edited by Dove96 on Tue 10 May 2016, 10:52; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wording and name of condition)
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 10 May 2016, 11:23

Here's another example. Prolonged exposure to diesel exhaust fumes can cause bladder cancer.

2 years ago my mentor got bladder cancer and he had been out of the CF for 12 years. VAC processed his claim and paid. When he died his spouse got the balance of the NVC lump sum to the max at the date of his death.

This was fought for about 4 years ago and I was surprised it went thru. It was very strongly suggested that VAC looks at the MOC descriptions of the trades of the applicants. Looks like they are doing it.

It was also suggested at the same time that each base, radar station, SDA, UN deployment be looked at for environmental assessments as well. Don't know if they are but one never knows.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Tue 10 May 2016, 11:30

Excellent example. I hope the word spreads.

Last edited by Dove96 on Tue 10 May 2016, 11:50; edited 1 time in total
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 20 May 2016, 20:35

Red lead, or the yellow / green chromates?
Ain't talking butterscotch flavours for dessert.

At least that lead is gone now right?

Oh well... frack it if it ain't, were all going to die anyway! (that's a LOL)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down