Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huffington post

2 posters

Go down

Huffington post Empty Kent Hehr's Facebook response to these Videos/Stories May 30 , 2016

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 19:23

Kent Hehr

I encourage everyone to watch this four-part series by the Huffington Post. The journeys described are both touching and moving, and the resilience of these servicemen is truly inspiring. It is thanks to people like them and so many others that we all live in peace and tranquility, and we owe it to them to make sure they are well taken care of upon their return home.
We have started improving to how Veterans are treated after combat by increasing the funding to many financial programs such as the Earnings Loss Benefit and the Disability Award. We are also offering better service by reopening the nine service offices that were closed by the previous government.
I can relate to what Dr. Steve Daniel means when he states that the first year after being injured is the hardest. This is why ensuring a smooth transition to civilian life is an important part of my mandate and I am working closely with the Department of National Defense towards a seamless transition process. I also remain committed to helping those suffering from PTSD with the opening of centers of excellence specializing in mental health.
As usual, please feel free to reach out to my staff with any questions
KH

Comments From Facebook members ;

Since he reported his PTSD issues after 2006, did he get a lump sum payment? And if so, do you not think getting a medical pension would be better? This man retired a s CWO with 30+ years of service, so I'm assuming his regular pension is pretty good. But what about a 22 y/o young man that get injured during a training ex and is bound to a wheel chair for the rest of his life, just like you were when you got shot for mouthing off to the wrong person. Shouldn't that Soldier get a pension for life?

Oh my the crocodile tears it so heart warming how much you care. Then take the Vets back to court to fight for the pension that the government of 2005 stole away. You know the one that would help EVERY Vet that has a claim and not just a few here and there like the 1 or 2%

Your false sincerity is upsetting all your numbers are just a ball and cup game like Harper you set a whole bunch of money in the veteran file but never spend it the pension would force you to spend it cut and dry.

I have been reaching out never any mention of the fact the there are so many moving parts in the new system people are being placed in huge tax burdens because of your robbing Peter to pay Paul type of system and not to mention there are people leaving the military and have zero contact with vac even know they are approved and medically released no mention of these facts I know they are facts I truly do and now no pension call it what you want this has hurt me to the core they were trying to force me to file claims on my release I now after such about face why would I except a worst deal.

SOUNDCLOUND - May 29, 2016 - Retired Master Corporal Kevin Sweeney

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/mark-towhey-on-1010/may-29-2016-retired-master-corporal-kevin-sweeney

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/timeline

Back to top Go down

Huffington post Empty Re: Huffington post

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 19:43

Thank you for sharing prawnstar. Very touching and thought provoking reflections from four great men. We need more accounts like these for Canadians at large to understand what it is like to serve in the Armed Forces and to then live with PTSD and Operational injuries. True heroes in my eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 16 May 2016, 18:15

I'm sure some of us see ourselves sitting in front of the camera. Very emotional and a bit disturbing but it gets you thinking about your own situation and how you can borrow some things from their stories.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Mon 16 May 2016, 16:57

Wow. Some emotional stories. My heart goes out to each of them.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 13:59

Thank you prawnstar for these heartfelt stories.

Back to top Go down

Huffington post Empty Huffington post

Post by prawnstar Mon 16 May 2016, 11:00

At the link you will see four powerful stories of soldiers that have gone through the worst and found the strength to survive. Truly inspirational. Viewer discretion advised.
http://projects.huffingtonpost.ca/salute/

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down