Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3B medical release and SISIP

4 posters

Go down

3B medical release and SISIP Empty Re: 3B medical release and SISIP

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 13:27

SISIP LTD is automatic for Reg F on med rel but not Res F. We have to prove "on duty" as per Div 3, s. 41(a)(iii)

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by xtraforus Fri 20 May 2016, 15:21

Great thanks for all the info, my brain is spinning but anyways I guess this is what happens when you are only a couple days away from your last one. I saw my pay stub this morning and in the upper left corner it shows 0.00. So I am assuming that I will my last one at the of the month.

Thank god my wife had an emergency plan so we are good for the 4 months or so, hope sisip and the pension will come way be fore that.

Thanks again everyone.

There is more to be learn from people who experienced the system themselves then going to one of the SCAN Seminar. Just my opinion.

Xtra

xtraforus
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 May 2016, 14:48

You can also be under the old veterans charter by having a disability pension and even automatic things require paperwork as there always has to be a paper trail. It makes it look like you are applying but from my understanding no one medically released has or can be refused SISIP LTD for the first two years. The only way to not receive SISIP LTD is if the member does not inform SISIP of their medical release.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 May 2016, 10:44

xtra just a note you need to have been accepted for the NVC rehab to be accepted for ELB however you can apply at the same time as I did . you have 120 days from date of release to apply for the NVC rehab but I believe you can apply prior to release but you will not be covered until the day after your release .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 20 May 2016, 10:30

That is supposed to be what happens. But if it was truly automatic, medically releasing members wouldn't still have to apply for it. The release centre would only have to inform SISIP of your release date from the CF, then have the Veteran provide their banking info, and start the payments accordingly. The only real info they would need is a list of income from other non military sources. You shouldn't even have to tell them if or how much you are getting from your CF pension, because if they can find out how much you were getting paid, they can also find out your pension amount as well.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 May 2016, 10:28

xtra yes earnings loss benefit ,SISIP rehab can be limited at times from what I have read and seen ELB rehab / voc rehab seems to be much more inclusive with a much greater scope and may be growing even better soon .

not sure exactly what step 3 would be in ELB but im guessing its developing a rehab plan with your DVA CM ? am I correct on this ?

if this is where you are at keep going on that ELB has a few other things to offer as well aside from rehab and LTD benefit should you end up requiring them down the road . on top of all that we have not really heard an official word on bumping SISIP to 90% I suspect it will happen but im not one for taking anything for granted especially when dealing with politician's .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 May 2016, 10:06

From my understanding all 3b releases are given SISIP LTD benefits automatically , just a matter of informing them through paper work.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 May 2016, 10:01

What is the process if I am released medically from the CAF?
SISIP Financial is notified of your medical release;
SISIP Financial verifies your eligibility and informs Manulife;
Your local Case Manager will give you the LTD claim package; and
Once all forms are received by Manulife, you are informed of the decision.

https://www.cfmws.com/en/aboutus/sisipfs/insurance/pages/long-term-disability.aspx

I'm under the understanding you have yet to receive your approval notice/decision.

The only way to find out this particular status is to contact your SISIP case manager and ask him or her where your file stands today in terms of your approval.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 May 2016, 09:59

Yes ELB is with VAC and no ELB does not kick in after 24 months with SISIP. First SISIP decides if you continue to get LTD. If not then you can apply for ELB with VAC or you can apply anytime for ELB but you only will get SISIP LTD for the first two years then if SISIP does not continue benefits and you are approved ELB from VAC already then it will kick in after your first 24 months of LTD with SISIP.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 May 2016, 09:55

Every medical release 3b is automatically given 24 months of SISIP LTD , you are required to provide medical reports at the 18th month and 24th month to prove coverage beyond the first 24 months.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xtraforus Fri 20 May 2016, 09:27

Is ELB done through VAC ? if this is the case i am currently sitting at step 3. Are we talking about the same thing Earning Loss Benefits that kicks in after the 24 months with sisip ?

Xtra

xtraforus
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 May 2016, 09:11

xtra It seems you are but I would be contacting my CM for written confirmation . my advice to you right now is to apply for ELB ASAP !!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

3B medical release and SISIP Empty 3B medical release and SISIP

Post by xtraforus Fri 20 May 2016, 08:38

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for 2 weeks now and finally registered. Here my situation, without going to much in details, 18 years in the Reg forces, Master Jack, got injured physically and mentally. Got my message about 6 months ago that I was going to be released on a 3B. I did apply for sisip with the help of my case manager did everything required, got a sisip counsellor which approved my education plan etc.. I have to get in touch with him once a month ( like a probation agent !! ).

My concern are about sisip, I remember when a filled all the form I included a void check and all the banking info, did the sisip medical etc. How do I know if I am approved by sisip for the 24 months at 75% ? They never sent me anything saying that I was approved. I contacted them over the phone a few times and all they say is we got all your banking information and necessary information. That doesn't tell me if I am good to go, maybe I read so many horror stories that it is getting stuck in my mind. I'd like to hear some of your stories, did you have any problem ( other then the clawback ) with sisip. How long did you waited for ? Got told 8 to 12 week ?

My release date comes in effect early next month...

Thanks

xtraforus
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down