Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles

+9
tetech
Dannypaj
Teentitan
1sea0shell33
red510
Paranoidandroid
bigrex
johnny211
Kramer
13 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty 3rd Day of Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike Video

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 10:57

3rd Day of Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike Video

Back to top Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty Re: Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 06:15

Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike 2

Back to top Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike 2

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2016, 06:43

Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike 2

Today Tuesday October 4th 2016 at 8:00 am - Centennial Flame, Parliament Hill, Ottawa Ont

I was promised a Committee on MEFLOQUINE/LARIAM. The Government has minimized the issue and placed the Matter in an on going committee about Veterans.
This is more than just Veterans. This is a NATIONAL HEALTH ISSUE.
Due to the Ignorance of the Canadian Government, I am forced to return to Ottawa to continue our fight.
This time, I want to speak to TRUDEAU!!! I will not leave so easy this time. I will stay and starve till I get our committee on MEFLOQUINE/LARIAM.
THIS TIME IN WRITING!!!

Back to top Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty Re: Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 00:19

I read on MVA Hehr's facebook page a post by Claude Lalancette  the Veteran who had started a hunger strike over MEFLOQUINE. He was promised a committee regarding MEFLOQUINE  by Harjit Sajjan, Jane Philpott and MVA Hehr in order to end his hunger strike but now he has found out that they have put the matter in the hands of the wrong committee plus he has to wait months before getting a date.

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 20:17

Check........

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 20:03

Claude Lalancette should be very proud of what he has accomplished today in an unprecedented turn of events.
I agree this would never have occurred in the previous Government.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 19:37

Would this have happened with the previous government? Congrats and Sunny ways

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 18:42

Awesome man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 18:04

outstanding !!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike Update

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:51

Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike Update.

Sept 19, 2016

Due to resent developments, I Claude Lalancette, here by end my Hunger Strike.
My day started off very slow due to the lack of sleep. I moved closer to the parliament doors when things s started moving. I spoke to very nice people and the RCMP were very respectful. Thanks Vincent for listening to me.
When the MPs started arriving, I moved closer to the door. Everyone that entered was asked, by myself, to pass a message to Kent Hehr. "Please tell him that a veteran is waiting and Hungry for answers".
15 mins later, the minister of defence Harjit Sajjan sent his team with the teams of VAC and health canada. They took down my concerns and i stuck to my guns. I wanted my meeting.
I left the hill to find myself a charger for my cel. I was at second cup charging my things when my phone rang. It was the office of Marwan Tabbara. Marwan did his best to get my meeting. At 12:45 pm, I met with Jane Philpott minister of health, Harjit Sajjan Ministerof national defence and Kent Hehr.
The meeting went Well and ended with a comity being formed. For a start, John Dowe and I will be on the comity. I will invite Dr. Passey and Dr. Nevin.
Wow, what a Day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 19:38

This hunger strike will be interesting, we all know what happened to the last hunger strike under our Ministers watch, our Minister does not seem to want to take control and make a decision on his own, those that guide him, will probably be the same as the last hunger strike.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 18:29

Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike

I am generally not one who posts protest , etc. But found this on fb. Mefloquine has been an issue now for a few yrs. It is unfortunate once again that another hunger strike has to take place by a comrade to bring the gov to see how serious this is.
VVV...

https://www.facebook.com/MefloquineTrooper/photos/gm.184316618660420/1789034164717346/?type=3&action_history=null&pnref=story
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty Ex-Army chief refused to take Lariam after son’s experience / Video

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 05:36

Ex-Army chief refused to take Lariam after son’s experience.

31 August 2016

The former head of the British Army has told the Victoria Derbyshire programme that he refused to take a drug he knew was being given to his troops because of his concerns about its safety.

Lord Dannatt is speaking for the very first time about his own son's mental health issues after an Army doctor gave him the anti-malarial drug Lariam.

He says his son Bertie, a former soldier, became "extremely depressed" when he took it in the late 1990s.

Lord Dannatt is urging the Ministry of Defence to show "generosity" towards service men and women seeking compensation over its effects.

This is their story.

Click on the link below to watch Video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p046cv4z

Back to top Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 10:52

Mefloquine Trooper's Hunger Strike 08:00 (EDT) Sept 19, 2016 -

153 Country Hill Drive (Main Office) Suite 2A Kitchener, Ontario N2E 2G7

I, Claude Lalancette, Canadian Veteran and concerned Citizen, is formally giving notice to the Canadian Parliament that actions must be taken immediately to protect Canadian Lives. I am not taking about a political scandal anymore. I am talking about Criminal Negligence on behalf of the Canadian Government. This is an Out Most Urgent matter.

I am a member of the International Mefloquine Veterans Alliance. https://youtu.be/REGvelrvn2g

Here is a January, 2013 report on MEFLOQUINE by Dr. Remington Nevin. https://youtu.be/XRr-bJPzFvQ

1999 April Report of the Auditor General of Canada. http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_199904_00_e_10129.html

Considering that the Government of Canada has chosen to ignore the dangers of drugs they’ve forced our military troops to take despite their knowledge of serious risk to their health. One thing we can conclude is that is an act of pure criminal negligence in accordance with law C-45 that redefines criminal liability of a ministry organization or legal person under the ciminal law.

Examples of IGNORED pleas to the Parliament:
- Hansard - 40 2002-12-06
Bob Kilger (Stormont—Dundas—Charlottenburgh)
2002-12-06 12:24
Question No. 26--
John Cummins:
With regard to the risk management of the antimalarial drug mefloquine by Health Canada and the Department of National Defence: (a) what deployments since 1990 involved administration of the drug to members of the Canadian Forces; (b) did Health Canada receive from the Canadian Forces adverse drug event reports for each such deployment either during or immediately following deployment; (c) how many Canadians received the drug under Health Canada’s Lariam Safety Monitoring Study; (d) how many patients were the subject of monitoring reports received by Health Canada directly or indirectly from Roche under the Lariam Safety Monitoring Study; (e) what types of adverse events were identified by the Lariam Safety Monitoring Study up to the time the drug was licensed in 1993; (f) what is the total number of adverse events reported to Health Canada since the commencement of marketing in 1993; (g) how many adverse events were reported to Health Canada since the commencement of the marketing of the drug in 1993 involving each of the following reactions - hallucinations, panic reaction, hyper alertness, extreme excitability, convulsions, aggressive reaction, marked restlessness, suicide, suicidal tendency, suicide attempt, thoughts of self restlessness, suicide, suicidal tendency, suicide attempt, thoughts of self harm, abnormal dreams, emotional disorder, irritability, nightmares, abnormal thinking, anxiety, depressed state, aggravated depression, light-headedness, anxiety attack, mood swings, abnormal crying, psychosis, delusion, speech disorder, concentration impaired, fear, euphoria, hysteria, paranoid psychosis, memory impairment, emotional disorder, murder; (h) what measures have been taken by Health Canada to ensure that it receives notice of such adverse drug events from doctors administering the drug; (i) what changes to the product monograph have been approved by Health Canada since licensing of the drug in 1993; (j) how many Canadian Forces members deployed on special missions abroad since 1990 have committed suicide (i) during the mission, (ii) following the mission, (iii) of these how many had been required to take mefloquine; and (k) what action has been undertaken to investigate the nature and extent of combined mefloquine exposure and post traumatic stress disorder in current and former members of the Canadian Forces members both regular and reserve who have at one time been deployed on special missions abroad?

Hansard - 43 2002-12-11
John Cummins (Delta—South Richmond)
2002-12-11 15:45
Mr. Speaker, I rise on a point of order. The Minister of National Defence is sitting on a report from the military ombudsman concerning Corporal Christian McEachern, whose trial is ongoing in Edmonton at this time. I believe that this particular document could have an influence on that trial.
Corporal McEachern is a young military man who was administered the anti-malarial drug mefloquine. It may bear on this issue. The ombudsman promised in his report of last February that he would have this document available in nine months. I understand that the minister has it and I would ask that this document be tabled.
Hansard - 70 2003-02-28
Hon. Eleni Bakopanos (Ahuntsic)
2003-02-28

Question No. 45--
Mr. John Cummins:
Following the Mefloquine adverse event monitoring report received on August 26, 2002 by Health Canada indicating a murder and an attempted suicide: (a) what investigation has been carried out by Health Canada and other government agencies; and (b) what was the result of these investigations?
Response
Mr. Geoff Regan (Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of the Government in the House of Commons, Lib.):
I am informed as follows:
Health Canada:
The Canadian Adverse Drug Reporting Monitoring Program, CADRMP, in Health Canada is responsible for the collection and assessment of adverse reactions that have been submitted by health professionals or consumers, either directly or through manufacturers. Information on all reported adverse reactions is maintained in a computerized database and is used as part of the continuing assessment of marketed health products. It is important to remember that reports to the CADRMP represent the suspicion, opinion or observation of the individual reporter. Cause and effect relationships have not been established. Adverse reaction information is used to help ensure the benefits of a marketed health product continue to outweigh the risks, to continuously update the labelling and product information for a marketed health product and to inform health care professionals and consumers about adverse reactions.
Since mefloquine was marketed in Canada, 1993 to October 8, 2002, the Canadian Adverse Reaction Monitoring Program, CADRMP, has received a total of 65 reports in which mefloquine was listed as suspected or interacting drug.
Health Canada analyzes adverse reaction reports to discover potential health product safety signals. A signal is considered to be the preliminary indication of a product related issue, for example a report of an unusual or unexpected adverse event, or an increase in the number of reports of a particular adverse event. The identification of a signal is not by itself the proof of the association of an adverse reaction to a health product but it triggers the need to further investigate a potential association. Health Canada’s regulatory actions are based on a scientific analysis of cases and are taken according to the regulatory framework in place. This includes updating the product monograph. Since Lariam, mefloquine, was approved in 1993, the Product Monograph has been revised seven times.
Health Canada continues to monitor the adverse reaction profile of mefloquine. The Marketed Health Products and Therapeutic Products Directorates are working in collaboration to ensure that measures are taken to address safety issues and make sure that the information in the Canadian Product Monograph is accurate, current and reflective of the Canadian experience. With regard to Lariam, mefloquine, there was a communique in the Canadian Adverse Reactions Newsletter, Volume 8, No 1, January 1998, on the neuropsychiatric reactions with the prophylactic use of this antimalarial drug. The Canadian Product Monograph of Lariam, mefloquine, contains all information on very rare neuropsychiatric reactions reported in some patients as well as cautions to be considered by physicians when prescribing this drug.
Because information that could identify the patient or the reporter in an adverse reaction report is confidential as per section 19(1) of the Access to Information Act, Health Canada cannot comment on investigations of any case by Health Canada or other government agencies.
National Defence:
a) The Department of National Defence reviewed the report.
b) Given that the report deals with incidents that the Department examined in the past, no further investigation is deemed warranted.

Hansard - 26 2004-03-22
Hon. Peter Milliken (Kingston and the Islands)
2004-03-22 15:50
Question No. 12--
Mr. John Cummins:
With regard to the use of the risk management of the antimalarial drug mefloquine by Health Canada and the Department of National Defence: (a) what antimalarial drugs have been administered to Canadian Forces personnel, giving the deployment and the number of personnel involved for each of the years 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003; (b) is the administration of antimalarial drug always recorded in each soldier’s medical record, (if not, indicate each time that its use was not recorded in each soldier’s medical record and why); (c) has any soldier ever complained that the fact he was taking an antimalarial drug was not recorded in his medical record or the manner in which it was recorded; (d) name the adverse events involving Canadian Forces personnel that have been reported by year and by deployment; (e) how does the Canadian Forces document anti-malaria prophylaxis; (f) how many Canadian Forces members deployed abroad have committed suicide in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 (i) during the mission, (ii) following the mission, (iii) of these how many had been at some time administered mefloquine; (g) what adverse events were reported to Health Canada in each of the years 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003; (h) name or describe each adverse event as recorded by Health Canada in each of the years 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003; (i) how many of each of these adverse events were recorded by Health Canada in each of the years 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003; and (j) which of the adverse events reported to Health Canada in each of the years 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 involved persons who had been administered the drug while in the Canadian Forces?

Hansard - 116 2012-05-03
Francine Raynault (Joliette)
2012-05-03 14:05 [p.7521]
Mr. Speaker, I would like to acknowledge the courage and determination of Sonia Scalzo, a constituent in Joliette who, for the past six years, has been working hard to raise awareness among Canadians about the military's use of the internationally controversial anti-malarial drug mefloquine.
The drug is meant to prevent malaria, but it can have serious side effects for some people, including hallucinations, anxiety and aggression.
The United States stopped systematically prescribing this drug to its soldiers in 2009, but we continue to administer it to our Canadian troops.
After Ms. Scalzo's lonely six-year battle and seven refusals by the Canadian Forces ombudsman to investigate mefloquine, I am joining her in calling for a thorough review of this important issue.
I want to thank her for her exemplary courage. Her tenacity is an inspiration to all the soldiers and military families who have been affected by mefloquine.

Moreover, whereas health conditions linked to taking this drug is still not recognized yet by the government, we consider this deprives individuals affected by this drug of the required care further compounding their mental and physical health, considering the high suicide rate due to this drug. This is without counting the human level with detrimental consequences not only for the persons affected but also for their relatives and families.

Since the government has again chosen to ignore lead studies on this drug that represents a high risk, this also demonstrates their carelessness of the health of their own personnel; this is once again proof of the negligence of the Canadian government.

Let me tell you about myself and where I come from to speak like this to my parliament. First off, I am a Proud Canadian Veteran, who has served with the Canadian Airborne Regiment in Somalia. It’s incredible how I feel your eyes rolling back now. Yes, I am a Paratrooper betrayed by his Government. Here is why.

This Government placed the blame on their Elite soldiers to hide face from their political scandal. TILL THIS DAY THEY HIDE LIKE COWARDS AND FAIL TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/03/15/the-canadian-airborne-regiments-somali-affair-20-years-later

In 1992, while serving with CAR, I was deployed by my government to Somalia. I say deployed because for us to deploy on foreign soil, YOU (The Canadian Government) Voted and signed. Now, during this deployment, I was given by the Department of National Defence an antimalarial drug called MEFLOQUINE/LARIAM.

Good reading to understand the perspective. http://www.commando.org/somalia/mefloquine.html

MEFLOQUINE/LARIAM was given to DnD as a trail drug but had to gather the data to license the product that was only licensed in 1993. The World Health Organization gave strict guild lines on how to administer this drug in 1989, which DnD failed to do so. We all seen what happened in Somalia and if this government wouldn’t of close the Somalia Inquiry, the professionals would of clearly exposed the harmful effects of this drug. Now, we have a neurotoxic drug damaging the brain of Canadian brothers and sisters.

Here is the Doctor that was one week away from testifying before Jean Chretin closed the on going 9 months Somalia Inquiry.
https://imvalliance.org/2016/05/06/canadian-psychiatrist-dr-greg-passey-on-mefloquine-ptsd-and-the-somalia-affair/

This matter is an NATIONAL HEALTH EMERGENCY due to the fact that most veterans get stamped with PTSD when speaking about our symptoms. MEFLOQUINE toxicity has symptoms that our similar to PTSD. The problem here is that MEFLOQUINE toxicity, if treated with antidepressants and antipsychotics, you get psychosis which leads to SUICIDE, ADDICTION and MURDER. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Stop+pretending+mefloquine+used+safely+soldiers+former+Canadian+drug+bureaucrat/11704029/story.html

I am standing here with REAL life proof. Veterans Affairs Canada has been treating me since day one for my, so called, PTSD. I was filled with antidepressants and antipsychotics for more then 5 years. My health was taking a turn for the worse and I kept playing with the thought of ending my life 3 times. Only the thought of my kids kept me alive.

Never, has my Government mentioned anything about this MEFLOQUINE. I have just learnt of this due to a fluke. Thank you for Social Media, I have educated myself so I can start healing. Finally after sooooooo many years.

Now, my mission is to attack this drug that has ruined so many Honourable lives. Also I will hold anyone in the Canadian Parliament CRIMINALY responsible, through negligence, if no action is taken on their behalf. The criminal code that will be used is C-45 article 21 and 22.

My first Objective, The Minister of Health Jane Philpott, YOUR Ministry is negligent for keeping this drug in citizens hands. WARNING and an outreach must go out to all that have taken this NEUROTOXIC drug that does brain damage. The Minister of National Defence Harjit Sajjan, YOUR Ministry is Negligent for arming Soldiers and putting them in a situation where Psychosis are happening while given this drug. The suicide rate in the Forces is not going down due to this reason. Also you have a couple murders on your hands that you are neglecting. Lastly, this will be my personal favorite, to the Minister of Veterans Affairs Kent Hehr. YOUR Ministry’s Criminal NEGLIGENCE is misdiagnosing veterans with PTSD and your treatment is KILING my brothers and SISTERS. You have turned your BACK on me all this time you had OFF from your EARLY summer vacations. YOU had the chance to speak to me and a few others that are screaming at you. You ignore us like a coward while my brothers, Stephan "Ti-cul" Poirier RIP Dec. 22, 2016, Stephane "Stego" Gauthier RIP March 21 2016 and now, Creg Turcott, turned the gun on themselves to stop the psychosis. These are HONORABLE men turning the gun on themselves before on others.

I, Claude Lalancette, REMOVE all the tittles “ The Honourable” From all Parliament Members until you have proven yourself “HONOURABLE!"

My dishonourable MP, Marwan Tabbara had promised me to speak on my behalf when the parliament session restarts. I gave Mr. Tabbara this statement to read. He must read it because he obligated himself to me on VIDEO published through the Social Media.

Remember that my state of mind was in panic mode after just finding out about MEFLOQUINE. Pieces of my life started to make sense and was DEMANDING attention. I do apologize for my language at times but my anxiety takes the best of me in situations like this. I am a Grunt but I am also a father, a human being that is only looking to get well. I don have issues that need immediate attention and I am being denied this right. https://www.facebook.com/sdfghhhdscfghhh/posts/1238761869489198

Mr. Tabbara has now withdrew his obligation to me. As a result of this, I have no other means to express myself as a Veteran, a father, a concerned Canadian Citizen and a desperate man, than to announce a hunger strike.

September 6th, 2016, I Claude Lalancette will initiate my Hunger Strike to get action fom the Canadian Government IGNORING THIS EPIDEMIC!!!

Please, if you think I am alone in this, get your head out of the sand. I have an International MEFLOQUINE Veterans Alliance standing with me. I am recruiting legal assistance that will motivate you to act through Criminal and Civil law.

imvalliance.org/media

For those who haven't heard of Claude Lalancette you can read more on him in the Veteran Help category, Topic Title Heading " Claude Lalancette's Pleas for support" Posted by Dannypaj.

Back to top Go down

Mefloquine / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 5 Empty Urgent Warning Over Malaria Drug Use For UK Military

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2016, 15:40

Urgent Warning Over Malaria Drug Use For UK Military

Click on the link below to view Video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-4wVAesXXI&feature=youtu.be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next