Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMCS Chicoutimi claims another sailor

+2
Rifleman
prawnstar
6 posters

Go down

HMCS Chicoutimi claims another sailor Empty Re: HMCS Chicoutimi claims another sailor

Post by ColdWarVet1980 Wed 25 May 2016, 01:35

prawnstar wrote:I just lost a very good friend to lung cancer this morning. He almost died in the fire of the ill fated sub.  His invisible wounds were terrible as he was the coxon and  somehow felt responsible for the death of one of his crew and the many injuries that ensued.  He was a hard core old school submariner that fought to the bitter end and never lost his sense of humour. I raise a glass of Lamb's Old Navy to you my brother. RIP

Was that Shane Irving that passed?
ColdWarVet1980
ColdWarVet1980
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

HMCS Chicoutimi claims another sailor Empty Re: HMCS Chicoutimi claims another sailor

Post by Rags Tue 24 May 2016, 23:28

To your friend Prawnstar,

"Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw!" I raise a glass of rum.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Tue 24 May 2016, 20:25

Thank you all for your support I really appreciate it.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2016, 19:51

sad news sorry to here that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2016, 18:29

Thinking of you and your friend prawnstar ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2016, 17:59

Lambs old Navy it is! RIP!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 24 May 2016, 17:32

Sorry to hear prawnstar - RIP to our brother in Arms, who has fought the good fight right to the end..VVV.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 24 May 2016, 15:47

Hey prawn, I hear you clear. Still got some Navy Pusser rum here as well. RIP.

pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 24 May 2016, 15:41

Sorry to hear prawn I will raise a glass of crown royal for you and your friend cheers

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

HMCS Chicoutimi claims another sailor Empty HMCS Chicoutimi claims another sailor

Post by prawnstar Tue 24 May 2016, 14:59

I just lost a very good friend to lung cancer this morning. He almost died in the fire of the ill fated sub. His invisible wounds were terrible as he was the coxon and somehow felt responsible for the death of one of his crew and the many injuries that ensued. He was a hard core old school submariner that fought to the bitter end and never lost his sense of humour. I raise a glass of Lamb's Old Navy to you my brother. RIP

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down