Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans - Page 2 Empty Fulfilling a sacred obligation / Kent Hehr CTV Power Play Interview

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 18:04

Fulfilling a sacred obligation / Kent Hehr CTV Power Play Interview.

June 17 , 2016

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=894462

CTV Power Play: Strategy Session

June 17 , 2016

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=894506

Back to top Go down

Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans

Post by johnny211 Fri 17 Jun 2016, 17:43

WT_, Trooper you got it right. He is talking bs out of both sides of his mouth, which one is it. Stop trying to pull the wool, we are way to smart for this..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 17:39

I guess if you tell a lie long enough people start to believe it. As long as the voters who supported liberal believe what Kent is saying they have nothing to worry about!

Back to top Go down

Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans - Page 2 Empty MVA's Facebook Comments / From Statement

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 16:32

MVA's Facebook Comments

It's 5.6 billion over 6 years, that's less then a billion per year, drop the smoke and mirrors. You can't tally money up when your term is 4years and say this is what we're doing! And since you just published that Canada owes a duty to the sacred obligation call the lawyer and drop the case

And that is why your government is taking the Veterans back to court saying in an appeal that you go not have a sacred obligation to the Veterans. And the meagre increase to the lump sum is laughable $360,000 to replace a life long pension hahaha. The British pay out is just a bit over $1 million and the severally injured get the regular pay tax free for life. You can not even think your doing a good job if you look at what the Brits and Aussies are doing for their Vets

And mere days ago, the government lawyers re-adopted the previous governments position regarding the sacred obligation to Canada's Veterans. That position being that there IS no sacred obligation. Now we chalk double-speak up alongside boldfaced lying on your record as MVA.
This announcement should have followed the announcement that you were dropping the Equitas lawsuit, or it's not worth the electricity wasted out of my cellphone battery to display it on my screen. Make us whole, or don't waste my time with false platitudes and cheap words.

Please enlighten me on how supportive respectful or compassionate the Equitas court case. The government is arguing that Canada has no sacred obligation to veterans. It can't both ways.

You lie like a rug, really nice how you and the liberal party cheated the veterans of this country with your lies, double talk, and continual repeating of the same statements. Hope that you can sleep at night knowing how you have screwed veterans out of their votes.

But no sacred obligation to those in need of organ transplants, to victims of ISIS, to free interprovincial trade or to Canadian families in desperate need of tax relief?

l Have they ever signed on the dotted line to commit their life to this country's freedom, if so then yes there is a sacred obligation

This is smoke and mirrors. Hehr and the liberals are doing nothing to fulfill their empty election

I agree they keep talking yet I see no action.

How many offices have been reopened? How much extra $$ is going to veterans? Do some research before spouting crap

Em Hess money doesn't equal service or value. That's the #1 error of liberals and public sector organizations.

I'm a voter who is utterly disappointed. And rightly so - this government is an epic failure.

So there IS a sacred obligation....then get on it, call the lawyers off and do your job. Anyone else would be fired for not doing theirs..

Does it mean I call Veterans Affair and opt for a life long pension now ?

Then why do I feel lied to and betrayed by the liberal government? Because I have been

How about the upping of reeducation? No matter what your rank was?

I realize the Supreme Court case is ongoing, so I just hope it works out the way it should.

Where is the rest of my Life Long Pension for disability Mr. Hehr?

Was this the statement in court today, by the Governments lawyers? Only asking because of the "quotations".

Our veterans deserve a life long pension for their sacrifice, not some paltry lump sum. Fighting them in court is despicible.

WHAT ABOUT PETTER BLINDHEIM???

Sir,
Words not actions, OUT

so tell us again, why our government is in court fighting our veterans with the same argument of the previous government- 'we have no sacred obligation' Liar, liar. Your words ring hollow. sir.

Is this reassurance like the time you said you would pound the tables for pipelines? Or is just more talk?

You gave more money to other countries to help them fight climate change than to Veterans who served this country!

I truly would like to believe what you have stated Hon Minister. However try putting words into action! Come visit the little guy, you might be very surprised on how well your new veterans platform is working out. "Get in the trenches" go find some veterans who are losing everything or have lost it all. Then your eyes may be opened to the fact it's about people not money! Families, children, mothers and fathers are having their lives turned upside down. Now u are taking veterans to court?? As an outsider looking into the Canadian political scene, you guys are hypocrites, it truly saddens me what people will do for power.

Quick question Any MP's diagnosed with PTSD due to time in the military?

If you are not speaking to us, you are speaking to wrong people and you are part of the problem.

Do the right thing. As you said you would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 14:47

The Liberals have lost all credibility regarding Veterans!

That's what I think!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 17 Jun 2016, 14:44

Nice statement but I think there is a huge gap between the understanding of the sacred obligation the veterans have and the GoC has.

Let's take a crack at that one Kent. Or is this just some more PR spin BS?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans - Page 2 Empty Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 14:23

Statement - Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans.

OTTAWA, June 17, 2016 /CNW/ - The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement:

"In last year's election campaign, we promised Canadians a government that would uphold our sacred obligation to Veterans. That promise was reiterated in my mandate letter and I remain committed to it.

"We have a mandate to serve Canadian Armed Forces members, Veterans and their families, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms that I believe it is my responsibility as Canada's Minister of Veterans Affairs, on behalf of all Canadians, to make sure their service to Canada is recognized and honoured.

"To me, that means we work to provide Veterans and their families with the best benefits and services we can. We have made great strides in doing just that. You need look no further than what our Government has done to increase the Disability Award, expand access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance, provide injured Veterans with 90 percent of their pre-release salary, and the list goes on.

"It means that we treat each and every Veteran with care, compassion and respect. It means that we help every Veteran and his or her family make the sometimes difficult transition from military to civilian life. It means that we honour every Veteran's service in a meaningful way. That is my job. And, make no mistake, I consider the work we do to be part of a sacred obligation to Canada's Veterans and their families. We clearly recognize that obligation to Veterans and the Prime Minister said exactly that in his mandate letter.

"We delivered on $5.6 billion in financial security in Budget 2016 and will continue delivering on each item outlined by the Prime Minister in his mandate letter, including the option for lifelong pensions for injured Veterans."

SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada

For further information: Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/statement---minister-hehr-reaffirms-government-of-canadas-sacred-obligation-to-veterans-583434341.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum