Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regular release after 20 years, failed medical to join reserves

2 posters

Go down

Regular release after 20 years, failed medical to join reserves Empty Re: Regular release after 20 years, failed medical to join reserves

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2016, 20:22

ok if you presented them with the paperwork for the 3B at the time of application I believe you may have a case . the crappy thing is it would probably not worth fighting depending how that job went with the local municipality .  

if you did win you would likely only get your 75% minus the other deductions for two years minus of course all the money you made at work .

hard to say without a lot more details but that kind of looks like the boat you are in buds .

kind of sucks but this seems to be one ya may have to suck up .

your best bet I'm thinking is to follow bigrex's sugestion about ELB .

propat

Back to top Go down

Regular release after 20 years, failed medical to join reserves Empty Re: Regular release after 20 years, failed medical to join reserves

Post by vpoirier79 Mon 08 Aug 2016, 11:16

I think it was right after I got the 3b

vpoirier79
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2016, 07:02

question . how much time had passed between getting the 3B release and applying for SISIP . it seems like you are saying 6 or 7 months but id like you to confirm .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Aug 2016, 01:14

Unfortunately, SISIP is very strict with their timelines, because it saves them money. I think the policy says that the application has to be made within 90 days of your release, and if you miss that window, even though thru no fault of your own, they will deny the application. But if you are under 65, and are no longer able to work, you can still apply for the ELB program from VAC, if you have a recognized disability. i know it doesn't compensate for all those lost years, but it's better than nothing.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Regular release after 20 years, failed medical to join reserves Empty Regular release after 20 years, failed medical to join reserves

Post by vpoirier79 Sun 07 Aug 2016, 22:00

I was released in feb 2000 voluntarily and did not transfer to a militia unit. I was a veh tec and l had a few friends  in the militia that I knew. They insisted I join. I tried but failed the medical four months after I was regular force released. I contacted the regular force release section and asked to have my release audited. They changed my release to a 3b. After all of this and 6  or 7 months  I asked about sisip and was told that to much time has gone by. I did not give it much thought because I was applying for veteranes affairs for my elbow and shoulders and had gotten a job with a local municipality. I did not get a case worker or any contact from anyone reference sisip or my release. I got my pension indexes and that is the only benefit I received from the 3b release. I know now that I probably had a case back then against sisip, but after 16 years is there anything I can do or shouId I just  let it go

vpoirier79
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum