Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVO a waste of taxpayer money?

+2
pinger
LawnBoy77777
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

OVO a waste of taxpayer money? - Page 4 Empty Re: OVO a waste of taxpayer money?

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 16:18

In my opinion if changes were made and the forms were not changed and you were already approved, no, you should not have to fill the same form as previously completed for approval.

If the forms changed to reflect the changes, then yes the forms need to be filled out.

And regarding hanging up on you, no one from that office should be hanging up without first politely stating their reason OR reasons for doing so.

Back to top Go down

OVO a waste of taxpayer money? - Page 4 Empty Re: OVO a waste of taxpayer money?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 16:11

My problem is that SISIP could have increased the amount payable & I would not need to apply.

Plus, I was approved already for Rehab. So the "upon application" condition was satisfied.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 19 Aug 2016, 16:00

Lawnboy, you have to at least try to play their game. The legislation says "upon application", so VAC is never going to pay out benefits to a Veteran, just because they say so. Yes, it sucks, but that is the way VAC operates.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 14:47

I almost feel bad for bugging them but they are supposed to represent us.

Just realized another transgression.

Corey, the manager, was looking at my application as we spoke.

I have NO VAC benefits! How can OVO access my files? There can't be an authorization on file with OVO as they never helped me in the past.

I called the VAC Privacy person to see why OVO could look at my files?

If they were trying to help, I wouldn't care. That would be different. But tearing me down by saying it was my fault for not complying is judging me culpable.

I called Human Rights too. I said they failed to accommodate my individual differences by insisting I fill out the application in their required fashion. Form over SUBSTANCE.

The important thing about VAC is supposed to be about helping vets, not paperwork!

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Fri 19 Aug 2016, 13:41

LawnBoy77777, Wow, you must be pis....them off like nobody before.
All I read from your posts: sounds great and makes sense!  I hope your lawyer goes after them with.... law!

Thanks!

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 13:18

Add another hang up. I applied for ELB/PIA/PIAS & they said I didn't fill the forms out right. I said I don't need to apply as MVA O'toole said last year that part-time & full-time vets would get the same benefits.

They didn't raise SISIP though so they stated ELB would "top up" SISIP to same level as ELB alone.

Based on the political decision having been made by MVA, I waited for the $45k increase.

Nothing heard. They told me I had to apply! I said why? Can you ignore MVA O'toole?

Newest denial said I didn't fill out form right. So I said use the one from 13NOV12 where they accepted me for Rehab. NO they said, fill out a new application.

My problem with that is they limit the ELB payment date to the application date but I know the Right to Compensation on duty arises when hurt, not when you apply.

VAC is a faceless bureaucracy who treat us as nothing but a reason they have a job & OVO is biased so badly they are useless.

Corey, the manager at OVO who hung up on me for the 4t time in a week, took the gov side & said why don't I just do what VAC says.

Problem with that is that VAC is asking for things it has no right to.

Under the pension, they did not ask about the CF pension or CPP as it was none of their business.

How is it their business now?

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 19 Aug 2016, 10:16

No offence Lawnboy but you brought a DND problem to the Veterans Ombudsman. Have you tried to call the Military Ombudsman? Now if they hung up on you 3 times then yeah it's a waste of taxpayers money.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 19:35

I had a MP hang up on me when I called to complain about the OVO hangups! Irony huh.

The government doesn't want this coming out. So they are covering up.

I called CF Internal Disclosure Office (IDO) & Public Service Integrity Commission with a simple complaint to see if I can a win:

SISIP uses Manulife to deceive us as they only administer the policy but don't insure.

Same with Sun Life & Treasury Board Secretariat.

If they investigate & show I am right, it reveals they lie to us.

AB & BC require disclosure of ASO status

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 18 Aug 2016, 18:18

Lawnboy

I am not familiar with the articles and case law examples you have mentioned and I do not know your sit.
I am familiar with how the OVO guided me towards a very positive outcome a few years ago
and that the OVO does not rubberstamp the law that I'm aware of.

But before you even entertain a BPA do you have a VaC cm that can help you out?
Or have you tried approaching an elected official of your choosing for what your trying to accomplish?
Maybe that's the right avenue to go. Stay well...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2016, 18:16

Maybe submitting your queries or concerns through an online method would be more effective at getting results. You would also have a digital record of your submissions.
It's just a thought. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 17:45

Funny thing is, I was calling to help them!

I've discovered 70 veteran issues in past year or so. They hung up because they can't handle the truth.

OVO said, in 2013 annual report, gov clawbacks are fair! WOW

Pensions are savings not income, ELB/SISIP cannot offset (IBM v Waterman SCC 2013)

CPPD is non-indemnity & contributory & a pension so no set off: Sulz BCCA 2006; Sarvanis SCC 2002; FAA s. 67; CPP Act s. 65(1)

The fact that they steal our savings from past service is TERRIBLE

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2016, 17:23

I'm sorry to hear that you have had issues with the OVO staff LawnBoy. I can't speak for anyone else, but the OVO has helped me on two different occasions this year when dealing with VAC and they were instrumental in resolving the issues I had. I also received two follow up letters from the OVO staff stating that they are available in the future to assist me if the need arises.

I wish you all the best and hope you find the answers you're looking for LawnBoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 15:30

Not really, I am referring to the common law. Damages for personal injury can include loss of earnings capacity, a Capital asset, not income (Andrews SCC 1978). VAC's Earnings capacity Loss benefit (ELB) is my attempt to counter the propaganda we have been fed. The Liberals have moved toward admitting the truth. The new name for TPI (DEC) shows the Capital nature of the payment. Capital is not taxble (Jennings SCC 1966).

I have form letters to appeal taxes on SISIP/ELB/PIA/PIAS as the old pension was Capital (Sarvanis SCC 2002; Andrews SCC 1978) so it was not taxed. SISIP should not be taxed as we paid 100% of the premium. 15% cash & 85% service. When a person pays 100% of their premium, there is no tax on the benefit (Landry TCC).

Those hangups, 3 in a week, were partly due to the OVO telling me that ELB was Employment Insurance! What stupidity. Try suing for damages incurred in service & they will say you can't as Crown Liabilities & Proceedings Act s. 9 prohibits it WHEN a pension is payable for injury on duty. That is because VAC is like WWorkers' Compensation for soldiers. WCB is Capital & tax free.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2016, 14:43

LawnBoy when you state Earnings loss capacity referring to the act presented by the Liberals, do you mean Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC) ?

Back to top Go down

OVO a waste of taxpayer money? - Page 4 Empty OVO a waste of taxpayer money?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 14:23

I have been hung up on 3 times in a week by OVO.

I have grave doubts about the OVO being biased. For exmple, they published a report in 2013 saying that clawbacks are OK!

https://youtu.be/jEplMTvNA0A

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4