Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD? - Page 3 Empty Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

Post by Vet1234 Thu 29 Sep 2016, 18:38

Thanks guys.  I am on ELB, no SISIP.  I have a new application in for PIA and have put forth a complaint to the Ombudsman because they denied the app I put in November of last year because they didn't have a current Psych report.  I'm anticipating a PIA/S approval because my current assessments are very clear in their wording of permanency and not being able to go back to work or school.  My Psych has my DTC application in his office and is going to fill it in for me.  
What do I need to do for CPPD?  How would it effect my EELB, PIA/S and CPP when i come of age?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD? - Page 3 Empty Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

Post by 1993firebird Thu 29 Sep 2016, 18:11

It is mandatory if you have SISIP. It is clawed back from a Military Pension and SISIP. It helps to get the Disability Tax Credit. All disabled should apply.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2016, 18:06

vet 1234 it is for those that can no longer work . if you find yourself in that boat apply apply apply . ya its a bit of a hassle for little to no immediate gain sure but when you turn 65 and try to apply for CPP you may be thankful you did apply.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2016, 17:31

Vet1234,

Canada Pension Plan (CPP) provides disability benefits to people who have made enough contributions to the CPP and who are disabled and cannot work at any job on a regular basis. Benefits may also be available to their dependent children.

CPP disability benefit
A taxable monthly payment that is available to people who have contributed to the CPP and who are not able to work regularly because of a disability.

Children's benefit
A monthly benefit for dependent children (under age 18 or between 18 and 25 and attending school full time) of someone receiving a CPP disability benefit.

What we mean by "disability"
To qualify for a disability benefit under the Canada Pension Plan (CPP), a disability must be both "severe" and "prolonged", and it must prevent you from being able to work at any job on a regular basis.
Severe means that you have a mental or physical disability that regularly stops you from doing any type of substantially gainful work.
Prolonged means that your disability is long-term and of indefinite duration or is likely to result in death.

To qualify for a CPP disability benefit, you must
have a severe and prolonged disability
be under the age of 65
meet the CPP contribution requirements.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/cpp/disability/apply.page

Back to top Go down

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

Post by Vet1234 Thu 29 Sep 2016, 17:20

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?
What is it for? Who should apply? how does it play into CPP?

I see it mentioned often, but I don't really understand the program.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum