Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disability Award, Choice of Lump Sum, Monthly Payments or a Combination of Both

Go down

Disability Award, Choice of Lump Sum, Monthly Payments or a Combination of Both Empty Re: Disability Award, Choice of Lump Sum, Monthly Payments or a Combination of Both

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2016, 19:21

Thank you steelgunner.

Back to top Go down

Disability Award, Choice of Lump Sum, Monthly Payments or a Combination of Both Empty Re: Disability Award, Choice of Lump Sum, Monthly Payments or a Combination of Both

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2016, 18:33

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/disability-award/da-calc

Disability Award Payment Calculator
If you are receiving a Disability Award of 5% or more, you have flexible payment options:

a lump-sum payment
annual payments over the number of years of your choosing, or
a combination of these two options
This calculator can help you decide which option is best for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 21:16

Thanks bigrex, I know I can always count on you and other members of CSAT to point me in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 06 Oct 2016, 21:10

Yes, you will receive a form that will let you decide whether you want it as a lump sum, or over a period of time. I'm not sure if there is an option to take a partial lump sum up front or not. But I know if you take it over X number of years, you can change your mind later and get the remainder paid out. This should also increase your top up next year by several thousand dollars.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Disability Award, Choice of Lump Sum, Monthly Payments or a Combination of Both Empty Disability Award, Choice of Lump Sum, Monthly Payments or a Combination of Both

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 20:50

I was awarded an additional 15% on a reassessment,  and haven't had the opportunity to see the paperwork yet.  I'm currently on vacation.

Can anyone tell me do I have to sign something to decide on payment type and return it to VAC or can I call them and tell them my choice?

When I received my original award in 2009 we didn't have a choice of payment type if I remember correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum