Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP's cannot answer Questions on VA issues

4 posters

Go down

MP's cannot answer Questions on VA issues Empty Re: MP's cannot answer Questions on VA issues

Post by pinger Wed 30 Nov 2016, 23:17

Ya 13+ month's bigrex, don't wanna go of topic but good shyte better happen by next april.
mva should've already been axed month's ago.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

MP's cannot answer Questions on VA issues Empty Re: MP's cannot answer Questions on VA issues

Post by Dannypaj Wed 30 Nov 2016, 07:39

See the stunt the Pro. GOV pulled here in Halifax on our teachers, pre-recording videos while talks are still apparently ongoing.
Come on now!
WTF moment like this is what makes me wonder why things are the way they are.
Not including "President" remark.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 30 Nov 2016, 07:21

I understand that they were told not to rush putting out a monthly pension, so they get it right. But I'm sure that most Veterans in the room, when that was said believed that meant not to come up with something in their first few months, in time for the last budget, since that was really only about 4 months. But now we are sitting at 13+ months, and there should be some progress made on the benefit. Heck, I'm sure many Veterans would be happy just to hear whether or not the pension will be included in this next budget or not.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 30 Nov 2016, 05:21

THEY ARE ALL (GoC) in cahoots with each other, that is why.
Every single one of them can read and so can we.
Fix our FILE!!!!!!!
Take the GoC to task, they already know the answer veterans want to hear.
It is not rocket science, it is called control.
Read social media and put it all together.
It's a small world after all.
Needless.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 29 Nov 2016, 21:29

I wish someone, Vet gp or on the floor of parliament take him to task soon, for his non answers, and being a parrot for this past yr, it's really getting old now. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 19:21

Johnny,

MP's cannot answer questions VA issues, neither can our MVA by the looks of things, unless of course the question involves the re opening of Offices.

Back to top Go down

MP's cannot answer Questions on VA issues Empty MP's cannot answer Questions on VA issues

Post by johnny211 Tue 29 Nov 2016, 15:59

So I sent my local MP, who by the way used to be the Liberal VA critic, a question on the lifelong penison update. He then fwds it
to MVA, who sends me back the normal parrot answer, then cc's my MP. I don't think there is anything new in the email but
here it is; And i,m sure that Have your say portal is fwd too Mars alien ..lol..Out..VVV

Thank you for your follow-up e-mail, which was also forwarded to me by the office of Mr. Sean Casey, Member of Parliament for Charlottetown.

As Minister of Veterans Affairs, I am committed to ensuring that my department fulfills its duty to care for Veterans and their families, and we will deliver on each item in my mandate letter. I am pleased to provide you with an update on some of the positive changes being made by our Government through Budget 2016.

On October 1, we took the first step in enhancing the support available to our brave service men and women by increasing the Earnings Loss Benefit to 90 percent of an eligible Veteran’s pre-release salary. And, effective April 1, 2017, we will raise the value of the disability award to a maximum of $360,000. Veterans Affairs Canada will contact those who received the disability award prior to that date about their eligibility for a top-up retroactive to April 1, 2006. The dates of these increases were chosen to allow Veterans Affairs Canada enough time to make the necessary changes.

As for the re-establishment of lifelong pensions, Veterans have made it clear that they want the Government to take the time to get it right and not rush it. We are currently engaged in consultations—with broad input from the Veteran community—to develop an option that best meets the needs of those who gave so much to defend the freedom that all Canadians enjoy today. My Policy Advisory Group, which is composed of Veterans and representatives of stakeholder organizations, is looking closely at this, and I encourage you to share your suggestions through Veterans Affairs Canada’s "Have Your Say" portal:

www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/have-your-say

Again, thank you for writing, and I hope that the information provided is helpful.

Sincerely,

The Honourable Kent Hehr, PC, MP

c.c.: Mr. Sean Casey, MP for Charlottetown
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum