Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+6
pinger
pteadams2002
bigrex
EZRider
sailor964
meteck
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 2 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 17:43

great to here bigrex.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 09 Dec 2014, 17:03

hey bruce 72......merry ho ho dude.....make sure you get every penny you can before they cut the cord..good luck!!

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 09 Dec 2014, 17:02

told you big rex..jose mcciver was always nice to me,,even when I wasn't nice back lol...take what you can get because it will be a cold day in hell before they ever give us the rest of our stolen money...I know it...we all know it..i feel for anyone trying to get on elb now a days.....it must be crazy difficult...I got 3 months left..good til spring...ive been smart..banking it large....for others who are finished and still no good job I feel for you..i really do.....

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 15:42

Glad to hear that Rex, hope you get your money soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 09 Dec 2014, 15:15

GREAT NEWS BIGREX

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 14:58

Good news for you Bigrex.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 09 Dec 2014, 08:14

HEADS UP! I was finally able to speak with Jose McIver yesterday, and after several hours, she was able to discover that my ELB file had been glitched, stuck somewhere in their system, where it likely would have stayed, unless it had been looked into. Now, whether that is really the case, or it was merely sitting on somebody's desk under a stack of papers, I'll never know. But in either case, nothing was happening until I made the call. So if anyone else out there is still waiting for their ELB retro, I urge you to call, and speak to Jose McIver, or else you may be waiting for a long time.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:43

meteck no apologies needed what I forgot to list was this...

This is the first time in decades that money from the government that is intended to go to research for any veteran issue by universities was over $1 million.

Usually the GoC throws under $500 grand at studies like equine therapy, dog therapy, health research.

Well between TPL and the CIMVHR (Canadian Institute of Military and Veteran Health Research) the GoC after years of comments, back handed remarks and finally shame have ponied up the money.

CIMVHR is a "think tank" of universities in Canada and a retired Major from the Navy is the head of it. She is a very robust, hard nose advocate for military and veteran research. They hold an annual 3/4 day conference.

And it was at these conferences that the 'shame' part was put on the GoC's shoulders. CIMVHR is about 4 years old and from the first year VAC, DND, and other government bureaucrats attended these conferences. I guess over the years they saw all the private money being handed out to universities for research and felt shame.

So for TPL to drop another $5 million in research they probably did some back room dealing and took the second chair on the donations for the day. Actually this is the first time TPL has had a lot of press over a donation.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 02 Dec 2014, 19:30

let me apologize for the charity reference teen..true patriot love is an outstanding organization and your right my words cheapened it....my apologies//I was stressing the fact that we couldn't simply put in the whole 10 million..when billions are being shuffeled,..and as for chiller 76..thank you for sharing your pain..i really hope you come out on the other side of that fubar. why couldn't they simply look the other way for once...I am due out of elb end march..i finish school in 2 weeks.i will be sure to make sure I receive nothing extra ill say that...take care everyone..and thank you all for the help and info thse last few years..it was well worth it,,cheers

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 18:04

rifleman not sure witch big guy you are talking about ? the guy in the red suit AKA santa or the guy in the blue suit AKA the vet's benefits Nazi ? ya may have some luck with the former but as for the latter.

NO CALCULATOR GUY FOR YOU!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 02 Dec 2014, 17:55

Propat that would be to much to ask for however XMAS is coming maybe I will ask the big guy if there is any chance to find such a person that could do that job

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 14:56

ya chiller same thing just happened to a friend of mine by SISIP he owes 47,000 because THEY fracked up his calculations. ya think between these two organizations they could find at least one person that knows how to read and another that knows how to use a calculator .

but I guess that's to much to ask for.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Tue 02 Dec 2014, 06:59

Chillier

After I received my SISIP settlement, I also received a letter from VAC informing me I must repay $20,000.00 of ELB. Initially they wanted over $900.00 a month repayment plan. I sent a letter back stating that $900.00 was too much, and would place me in a hardship situation. I suggested $300.00 a month and they accepted that! My point being that they are open to negotiation if you can provide evidence of financial hardship, usually in the form of a financial statement. List ALL your expenses, including money for gifts, entertainment, alcohol, tobacco, gas, etc...and be generous to yourself. You deserve to "LIVE" life, as opposed to just surviving on a shoe string budget!

TTT

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 02 Dec 2014, 00:38

Call the OVO and see if you can pay the money back where it will not put you into further debt. You called them and they ignored you so they are on the hook for their own screw up.

This is what the Ombudsman's office is for to help 'negotiate' situations like this.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chillier76 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 22:57

What a bunch of arseholes this government is?
SO I was homeless with severe addictions and other issues after leaving the Military,,, in actual fact they let me release knowing full well I had these issues and didn't get me any help for them. After 5 years I got a disability award (thank god I had gotten my ass off the streets and somewhat clean by that time), then got on ELB for just about 5 years, took part in the VOC Rehab program for just about 4 years. Successfully completed school, got my ass back into the workforce (paddling my own canoe as they called it), listened to them blow smoke up my ass about being a success, only to have them kick me in the guts and knock me off my horse ONCE again.

Since February I've been working, was sending in my pay stubs so they could deduct ELB from my earnings. Guess what? They didn't deduct anything. I have been constantly getting harassed by old bill collectors and credit agencies wanting the money I owed after leaving the military and living in the alleys of Vancouver. Wanting to make good, I have been shelling out money hand over fist to catch up. Around July I was supposed to be cut off from ELB, but they kept sending money. Called them 3 times to ask them to stop sending the money and they just kept on sending it, bill collectors kept on calling and I kept on shelling out the cash in order to get my credit back on track. They finally stopped paying me ELB money in October.... Finally thought I was in a position to buy my very first home at 38 years old so I jumped at the opportunity for the first time in my life to start building my own equity... and then last week I got a letter saying that they messed up but now I have to pay back all the ELB since like February (their mistake, my fault,,, FML). Looks like I owe THEM somewhere to the tune of 18 grand.

I don't think I'll be getting my "4 months" ELB money they stole from me, I assume that will be deducted from what I owe them, and they'll be deducting my pension for the next 5 years or so, once again creating hardship for the wife and I...

Funny how "on the ball" they are about recollecting their debt, but when it comes to repaying what they stole it's a different story... i feel like asking if I can just be permitted to pay back 10%, just like they're only obligated to pay back roughly that amount of what they stole from me for the last 4 or 5 years. Makes me sick, I wish I had never served.

chillier76
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum