Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Transition Services

Go down

Career Transition Services Empty Career Transition Services

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2017, 19:43

Career Transition Services

What is Career Transition Services?

Veterans and survivors can get help finding civilian employment through the Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Career Transition Services (CTS) Program. VAC will reimburse eligible Veterans and survivors for these services, up to a lifetime maximum of $1,000 (including taxes).

What services could I be reimbursed for?

-Career assessments
-Aptitude testing
-Job market analysis
-Resume writing
-Job search skills
-Interview techniques
-Individual career counselling
-Job finding assistance
-Services of a professional recruiter agent

Do I Qualify?

You may qualify if you are:

• Regular Force

• A Veteran or member who has completed basic training.

• Reserve Force

• A Veteran or member of the Reserve Force with completion of at least 21 months of full-time service during 24 consecutive months; or

• A Veteran or member of the Reserve Force with Special Duty Service, or Emergency Service.

Notes:

• If a member is found eligible for the Program, the effective day will be the day after date of release from the Canadian Armed Forces.

• In most cases, Veterans must apply no later than 2 years after the date of their release form the Canadian Armed Forces.

• Survivor

• A surviving spouse or common-law partner of a Regular Force or Reserve Force Veteran who, at the time of death, was eligible to receive Career Transition Services but for the occurrence of death and applies no later than two years after the death of the Veteran;

• A surviving spouse or common-law partner of a Regular Force member who applies no later than two years after the death of the member;

• A surviving spouse or common-law partner of a Reserve Force member who, had committed in writing to at least 21 months of full-time service during 24 consecutive months, or served in a SDA/SDO or emergency service, and applies no later than two years after the death of the member.

• Canadian Forces Income Support Benefits (CFIS)

• A CAF Veteran who is eligible for the CFIS benefit; in this case, there is no prescribed time limit in which to apply;

• A survivor who is eligible for the CFIS benefit; in this case, there is no prescribed time limit in which to apply.

• Eligibility Exception

• Irrespective of the above, Veterans who are discharged under Items 1 or 2 of The Queen’s Regulations and Orders of the Canadian Forces – 15.01) and those who do not complete basic training, are not eligible for VAC’s CTS.

How do I apply?

You can learn more about Career Transition Services during the transition interview process. The ways you can apply for Career Transition Services are:

Online: If you are registered for My VAC Account, you can apply online now. You can also track the status of your application through My VAC Account. If you aren’t registered, why wait? Register today.
Phone: Call toll-free 1-866-522-2122
In person: Find an office
By mail:
Veterans Affairs Canada
PO Box 6000
Matane, QC G4Q 0E4
In most cases, you must apply within two years after the date of release from CAF. If there are special circumstances that prevented you from accessing Career Transition Services before the two year limit, you may still qualify and should apply. Each case will be assessed on an individual basis.

NOTE: Only services received after your release will be reimbursed.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/career

Back to top Go down