Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card

4 posters

Go down

VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card Empty Re: VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2017, 17:05

Thanks Vet1234,

I'm going to have to look into my health card benefits, this is something I have been neglecting for some time.

The last time I inquired on this was quite awhile ago, at that time it was difficult to get added benefits to the card, I'm thinking things have changed some since then, changed for the better.

Back to top Go down

VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card Empty Re: VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card

Post by Vet1234 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 16:45

I have dental and vision. When i became TPI and approved for VIP they added them and no one ever let me know. I'm not sure if it was the tpi or vip that triggered my other benefits.
I went on the blue cross site and checked my "grid" and I was A and B for all POCs. This is all within the last 4 months.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card Empty Dental

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2017, 15:49

How to get Dental added to your VAC Health Card?

Has anyone been successful in getting Dental added to their Health Card?  

If so, what are the requirements? How did you proceed with your quest?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Sun 05 Feb 2017, 15:36

Thanks Rifleman, will do just that.

Willie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 05 Feb 2017, 10:51

I'm TPI and don't have one and don't want one

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 10:30

Sorry. I have a card. I don't want a CM!
I do better advocating and applying for myself.
Ive had nothing but problems with my CM. In september I complained to the Ombudsman and last week they assigned someone to help me get rid of or change my CM.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 10:23

Vet1234, are you saying that you don't want a Blue Cross Card? You got to have one. When you go for Dental or Medical appointment you will have to show it, so that Blue Cross can be bill directly.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 09:37

Trooper wrote:Yes Rifleman, it does help and is much appreciated.

Things are good when one can go online and apply for health Card upgrades.

I kinda figured My VAC Account was an option, but I was not sure as I never used it for this particular area.

At one time, all Health Card upgrades needed to go through a CM, I guess now when one becomes TPI, they no longer have a CM.  

I'm TPI and still have a CM.... I don't want one.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 05 Feb 2017, 09:09

OK all I did was send a secure message through my vac account requesting them to send me a new card with all new info

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Sat 04 Feb 2017, 21:02

How exactly do I update my health card on my VAC account? I didn't see anything when I checked. Thank you

Willie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sat 04 Feb 2017, 19:03

Yep my case manager is my vac account and I seem to like this one a lot better take care trooper

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Feb 2017, 18:02

Yes Rifleman, it does help and is much appreciated.

Things are good when one can go online and apply for health Card upgrades.

I kinda figured My VAC Account was an option, but I was not sure as I never used it for this particular area.

At one time, all Health Card upgrades needed to go through a CM, I guess now when one becomes TPI, they no longer have a CM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sat 04 Feb 2017, 14:09

Yep trooper I did I just went through my vac account and had no problems hope this helps got my updated card within 2 weeks

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card Empty VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card

Post by Guest Sat 04 Feb 2017, 12:01

VAC Medavie Blue Cross Health Identification Card

I would like to know if any member has had this card updated with added benefits?

If so, could you give the procedure that you used?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down