Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change of Release Letter

2 posters

Go down

Change of Release Letter Empty Re: Change of Release Letter

Post by canuckgunner Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:46

Thanks for the info! And I should clarify I had a 4B release, not 4F. Gunner, not a clerk! Embarassed
canuckgunner
canuckgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:20

canuckgunner ,

Welcome to the Forum.

A 3B release does change things in terms of your move and benefits you may be entitled to. Keep a record of confirmation of the change of release.

Click on this link to read about medical IPR: http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2011-2012-directive-ch14.page

During a medical release SISIP is involved in giving you insight and guidance to apply. You should contact SISIP and inform them of this change of release to medical release. You can reach them here: SISIP SERVICES - MANULIFE - 1-800-565-0701

You may be entitled to Disability Benefits from Veterans Affairs Canada, To receive a disability benefit you must:

1. have a diagnosed medical condition or disability; and

2. be able to show that the condition or disability is related to your service.

Have a look at the "List of VAC Benefits" category above to view the different benefits available for application.

The members of this Forum will assist you in any way we can, so don't be afraid to ask.

You may also want to contact the Veterans Ombudsman or the Office of the Ombudsman for National Defence and the Canadian Forces. Both Ombudsman have a role to play in assisting you or helping you with any issue you may have.
They can be contacted here:

Office of the Ombudsman for National Defence and the Canadian Forces
1-888-828-3626
ombudsman-communications@forces.gc.ca

Office of the Veterans Ombudsman
1-877-330-4343
info@ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:05

good luck!
I'm in the same boat since 2010 and no one will help.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Change of Release Letter Empty Change of Release Letter

Post by canuckgunner Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:00

I moved this question from another forum.

I released 4F (voluntary) in Oct 2015, and then out of nowhere, I got a letter from DMCA 4 stating that due to a 'clerical error', I should have been medically released 3B, and that my category has now changed. Long story short, I've been getting dicked around by DND since I retired. I had to foot the bill for my move because they wouldn't pay my for my IPR, I've been getting nowhere trying to get answers as to how this change of release letter is going to effect my pension, and I am sure I read somewhere that with a med release, the member is entitled to a paid move. So, I've decided to go post my question of this forum, in hopes that I can get some peer support, and some answers to my many questions. Any info would be appreciated.

Ubique
canuckgunner
canuckgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: