Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brain Scan

3 posters

Go down

Brain Scan Empty Re: Brain Scan

Post by Rustytheviking Thu 09 Mar 2017, 16:54

Neuropsychologists use eeg machines to check brainwaves. They can "see" brain injuries, not sure about ptsd

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 16:05

pinger wrote:Hi Artie, this may not be relevant but if your memory is involved (mine's wacko), the Alzheimer Society has a screen / test that is available.
Thanks, I`m sure there are lots of "tests" out there, I just don`t want to pay out of my own pocket as some of them are quite expensive, my mind problems don`t stem from memory loss but more so from areas of the brain disconnecting from each other, like why I feel no happiness, sorrow, remorse, empathy at personal life situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 09 Mar 2017, 15:17

Hi Artie, this may not be relevant but if your memory is involved (mine's wacko), the Alzheimer Society has a screen / test that is available.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:36

He was approved by VAC cause he got his bell rung hard by an IED and TBI is a relatively new thing they are looking at. As far as I know if they diagnose you with PTSD they know it's caused by an OSI. Other than that I don't know.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:26

Thanks for the reply, my desire for a CT scan is not the direct result of a specific incident like surviving getting your head rattled in a vehicle after driving over a mine or anything like that,  it`s just to see if Dr.`s can determine why my mind is currently working ( or not working) the way it is. I`ve been seeing a psychologist who has confirmed that my thought process is abnormal but that doesn`t explain the why, Scientists are performing studies on PTSD all the time, I just wonder how someone becomes a test subject?...How did your friend go about getting a CT scan through VAC did they simply mention it to their CM? As I said, I don`t have a specific directly related incident, i.e. my arm is also screwed up and VAC says I can get massages for it as it`s related to my injury, but is it the same if you say "I have PTSD, I would like a CT scan" local doctors probably wouldn`t even be qualified to know what they are supposed to be looking for as it is not blunt force trauma.

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:07

Hey Artie a friend of mine had a CT scan done. It's to see if he had TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) which apparently can be the cause of many PTSD symptoms but not treated the same as PTSD. it was paid for by VAC.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Brain Scan Empty Brain Scan

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:14

I recently read about soldiers getting brain scans to determine PTSD , has anyone ever had one, how/where can you go to get one, is it covered by VAC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down