Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advocate for injured RCMP/Police Services Veterans Withdraws from CVA

Go down

Advocate for injured RCMP/Police Services Veterans  Withdraws from CVA   Empty Re: Advocate for injured RCMP/Police Services Veterans Withdraws from CVA

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 13:35

I have been in contact with Mike Blais the President of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy and the following is the result of our discussions.

Eric Rebiere As a lot of you know that I did not attend the CVA protest on Parliament Hill to speak due to an impasse between Mike Blais the President of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy and myself. That said a lot of email exchanges took place as a result of important issues that need to be addressed.

Mike Blais agreed to talk to me on the phone and we had a productive exchange in regards to an understanding from both our parts that all that we are trying to achieve is not about Myself or Mike Blais but all disabled Military RCMP and Police Services officers and that the big picture and unity is paramount if we as a collective are going to win this fight with the injustice being done by the VRAB etc.

I mentioned to mike that like the young injured Soldiers facing poverty so are the young RCMP Constables who will end up like myself i.e. no longer being able to continue with the RCMP will only have their pension contributions, severance pay and what ever the VRAB choose to do which as we know are playing hard ball. This equates to poverty by all.

We both agree that division is self destructive and we need to stand together in this fight, again the big picture. We have both said what we had to say and as far as we are both concerned this is over and in fact we are both relieved leave this in the past and consider it a growing pain. Mike Blais has done a great job in organizing and speaking to the media and developing access to them and through other high profile Veterans Advocates.

I am still remaining a member of the CVA but will be running an information thread on Veterans Voice for RCMP, Police Services officers , Fire and Emergency Response, Corrections officer who I just recently found out are in Afghanistan dealing with the Prisons as well as Military Police, Military Fireman and any other Military veterans who have issues they wish to express.

I will be posting as well on the CVA web site and will continue to deal with the Judicial Review analysis/complaint and of course develop links to other organizations

The Veterans Voice is unique because it’s a hub for information and has a large membership. The Canadian Veterans Advocacy is as we all know a proactive Advocacy like many others Veterans Organizations out there. I will eventually set up a closed forum for all Veterans be It Military, RCMP, Police Services, Fire and Emergency Services workers so they who have been injured by OSI’s such as PTSD and other disabilities. The idea is to have a private corner for these disabled groups to talk and exchange information on disability, what to do next, entitlements and how to apply for them. I am a trained volunteer for the Occupational Stress Injury Social Support Program since 2006 and will pattern this self help closed forum on the OASIS philosophy kind of like an online peer support group. I plan on having links to the CVA and any other veterans organization or association for Corrections Officers EMS workers. PTSD is rampant in the Police and Emergency Services and this needs to be addressed.

The VVI is a focal point for information not to discount the helpful info posted on the various Veterans groups web sites and is well visited by all. It does not matter what organization a Veteran/injured Veteran belongs to and united we can really be a force to be reckoned with.

The last thing I wish to address is to all the Veterans Groups out there. The thing I have noticed and heard many times is that there is a huge division amongst these groups of how to deal with the injustices being done by the present Government, VAC and of course the VRAB and who should lead the charge. .

What is missing hear again is all realizing the big picture of what we have to loose by being divided and what he can gain by becoming united. The lack of unity under one cause as it stands right now is counterproductive to the efforts of all.

I am not saying any specific veterans organization’s way of approaching this injustice is right or wrong. What needs to be done is all the presidents of these organization have to sit down together and decide what common ground that can be collectively agree on and evolve into a confederacy or Association of Veterans Associations that can sit at a stakeholders meeting united based on this agreed common ground. Divided we are just making a lot of noise. United we will bring thunder to the table.

The best example that I can think of is the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police who represent all the Police agencies across Canada to deal with issues facing the police community. We can do the same and form a Canadian Association of Veterans Groups or Associations based on agreed common ground.

I challenge all leaders of these Canadian Veteran’s Association to consider this because this effort will not only unite the leaders but all Veterans /disabled Veterans under one cause. Its like what Mike Blais and I have succeeded to do, push the BS aside and unite under common ground and move forward.

All it will take is the head shed of each vets group to find a location agreeable to meet sit down and discuss common ground, and once accomplished have a good party and I will help pay for the Keg of Beer. All can be at the table and take turns speaking for us all. Not a bad compromise I think.

Eric Rebiere (Former Cst. RCMP 37515 and CAF Veteran)

Eric Rebiere

The one thing I forgot to mention in my first Post about Mike Blais and the opportunities he has with the news media is that the issues about the RCMP and Police Services Officers, issues like the young in Service RCMP coming back with PTSD, no VIP for the RCMP disabled and elderly vets which all need to have representation by the President of the CVA and by publicly endorsing these issues will show support for all groups of disabled veteran. Mike support on this is greatly appreciated. He stated to me he will be endorsing what I wrote when he gets a chance from his busy schedule. Regards to all Eric
November 16 at 5:33pm

Mike Blais response.

The Canadian Veterans Advocacy Be advised that I do endorse Eric's message and have addressed the issues he has brought to my attention. The CVA strives for unity and inclusion of all veterans, military, RCMP or Police services and I would encourage all CVA advocates to ensure that your mention the plight of our RCMP and police services veterans should you be in a position to spread the message through the media. MLB.
November 16 at 6:49pm

This has have been put to rest and we all move on united in dealing with the unfair treatment by the VRAB and the Harper Government. Regards Eric

Back to top Go down

Advocate for injured RCMP/Police Services Veterans  Withdraws from CVA   Empty Advocate for injured RCMP/Police Services Veterans Withdraws from CVA

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 14:16

Hello all. Firstly I wish to say that having been deployed with the Canadian Military to Cyprus in 1980/81 and having served two United Nations tours with the RCMP I had the pleasure to have worked closely with the Canadian military. I have the most profound respect for the sacrifice our troops have made in the service of Canada.

I also wish to say that also includes the blood that has been shed by the RCMP, Police Officers all over the
Dominion in the Boer War, the First world War, the Second World War, To date their has been 226 RCMP officers killed in the line of duty here in Canada with 2 of these officers killed Haiti. Could not imagine how many officers from the numerous police services have been killed in the line of duty.

What I am trying to say is that we starting from the North West Mounted Police, the Royal North West Mounted Police and the RCMP and have sacrificed our fair share through history to protect this country. Below is the list of the 1 Provost Company (RCMP) that were killed overseas one at sea by a German U Boat. Not sure I recall how many are in a Company but I am sure their are a few old RCMP Provost Vets still with us. The following is the list of the KIA from the 1 Provost Corp RCMP during WW11. Please remember them.

I have been a very loyal part of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy since the start. What I have done is for all veterans both Military, RCMP.

Police Service officers fit the definition of Veteran because the Canadian Government like in all the past conflicts like the Canadian Armed Forces Reserve were asked to volunteer and they did and will continue to do so in the service of Canada.

A friend of mine a Sergeant with the RCMP serving in Afghanistan a few years ago left a third of his leg behind due to a suicide bomber. The RCMP and Police Services officers have bled as well in Afghanistan no to take away the huge sacrifice of the Canadian Soldiers but never the less we have and since 1998.

It saddens me to say that due to some issue with the senior leadership of the CVA who seems to have a problem with acknowledging the RCMP and Police Services officers to the point of not stating on the National Day of Protest blurb
“Wounded Warriors, RCMP and Police Service Veterans in the same sentence which has since changed.

It was there and I thought I had finally got through to the CVA leadership that we all served together in the same shit holes all over the world so what is the big deal. This has been going on for some time.

Well it seems to be a problem and as far as I am concerned we in the RCMP and Police Services injured veterans comunity are only second class injured veterans as far as the CVA leadership is concerned. The proof is in the news media because we have been left in the closet because of this unnecessary bias. I can not in all conscience continue to support the leader ship of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy that does not want to support RCMP officers, Police Services Officers and injured veterans of both.

I really do not understand but have grown very weary of this attitude and must withdraw form the CVA protest on Parliament Hill this Saturday Nov. 5, 2011. I am just tired of this. I had a lot to say as a matter of fact very important. I will be around but not in a directors position. I tried to get through to Col Retired Pat Stogran but he is in agreement with Mike Blais. I have always maintained that the Canadian Military and the RCMP are different animals that share common military roots. The Candian Provost Corps I believe would disagree because the Provost Corps is proud to be associated with the RCMP, it is stated on their Veterans web site.

As matter of fact when the Canadian Expeditionary Force was repatriated in 1919, after the First World War, where the Royal North West Mounted Police Cavalry Squadron returned on the same troopship to Canada with the Royal Canadian Regiment. A little history for Mike Blais as to when soldiers rubbed shoulders.

I will be at the Kingston Protest tomorrow where I will represent the Injured RCMP and Police Services Officers to support our injured brothers and sisters veterans in the Canadian Military. I know a lot of you in the Veterans community do not agree with this division. The question I ask all to consider is who is an injured Canadian Veteran and what defines a Canadian veteran? Just food for thought.

Best Regards to all

Eric Rebere (Former Cst. RCMP 37515 & CAF veteran)

C41978 L/Cpl Gordon Evan BONDURANT
1 Provost Coy, RCMP
8th Jan 44 Italy, “Moro River” CWC

C41983 Lcpl Edison Alexander CAMERON
28 Dec 43, Italy, “Moro River” CWC

C33523 LCpl Kenneth Laurence D’ALVENAS
1 Provost Coy, RCMP
15 May 44, Italy, “Cassino” CWC

M16447 LCpl Leonard James HIGGENS
1 Provost Coy, RCMP
5 Dec 43, Italy, “Moro River” CWC

C30759 Cpl Charles James JOHNSTONE
1 Provost Coy (RCMP RFT)
30 April 41. “Lost on SS NERISSA”
(Sunk by a German U Boat in the mid-atlantic)
“Halifax Memorial”, Panel 14

H16745 LCpl Anthony (Tony) KRASNUIK
1 Provost Coy, RCMP
31 May 44, Italy, “Cassino” CWC

C42022 LCpl David C.G. MOON
1 Provost Coy RCMP
28 Dec 43, Italy, “Moro River” CWC

C30819 Cpl John F. NELSON
1 Provost Coy RCMP
22 May 44, Italy, “Cassino” CWC

L22013 Cpl Donald G STACKHOUSE
1 Provost Coy, RCMP