Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pensioned Conditions

+2
bigrex
robleggett
6 posters

Go down

Pensioned Conditions Empty Re: Pensioned Conditions

Post by Dannypaj Fri 12 May 2017, 04:51

"The former army corporal who spearheaded a fight for injured soldiers’ benefits says a recent settlement has laid the groundwork for future veteran activism".

Is it coming to a head now 4 years later?
The NCMs got it along time ago!
Pull the wool up from your eyes, is it a sunny day?  
It Dam well better be one of these days, or CDN will not have a military in the future.
Take Care of your Veterans! BOTTOM LINE
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Thu 11 May 2017, 21:28

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 10 Apr 2017, 19:11

Unfortunately, it's not the dollar limit that is capped, just the assessment level. That is why I prefer the PA, because if you are at 100% for 1 year, or ten, you get the exact same amount of money every month, as everyone else assessed at 100%
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Mon 10 Apr 2017, 15:29

i just wondering i am sure it will be a flat out no lol if a person is at 100% and with the new 360k maximum payout and you got your award years ago and they used the cola to take away so lets say you only got 320k at 100% that still leaves 40k you would think that if they had a new claim that there would still be able to apply for that top up wishful thinking i know

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 10 Apr 2017, 07:34

Cover medical condition only no more payout due to you are 100 percent and that also goes for any new medical conditions

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Sun 09 Apr 2017, 22:57

Have a question, if i have been assessed at 100 % (lump sum) and my condition gets worse. what do they do now?

Just wondering

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by robleggett Sun 09 Apr 2017, 10:30

thanks bigrex for the reply. think I will give them a call on Monday, its almost like they are saying they didn't know that I had surgery on that condition, but I have a letter from the VAC Dr to the CF Dr asking for the operative report back in 2005??

robleggett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 08 Apr 2017, 17:37

I know under the old table of disabilities, they had a minimum rate for conditions that required to be operated on. Like a back injury, that required an operation to repair it. Even if the actual disability may have been assessed at 10%, based on the symptoms, you were entitled to a minimum assessment of 15%, solely based on it having been operated on.

Unfortunately, they removed that minimum assessment in 2006, and thus removed the need to differentiate between conditions that had been operated on, and not.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Pensioned Conditions Empty Pensioned Conditions

Post by robleggett Sat 08 Apr 2017, 11:51

Just requested a reassessment of my pensioned conditions, which I have 5 and I just noticed that if one of them is operated on, it has that right in the description.
Well after all these years, I just noticed they are missing (Operated) on one of the conditions, should I be concerned about this? I sent an email to VAC in ref to this about 2 weeks ago and still no reply?

And on another note about reassessments, its been a few years since these have been given a pension for this conditions and I have had a few reassessments done, but it was always done at a VAC location with one of their Dr's, I filled out some QOL's forms and then went to see their Dr. Well this time they sent a QOL form (PEN50e) for each condition and a medical form (PEN6220e) for each condition, that I have to take to me Dr to get filled out. Has something changed along the line that I never heard about?? The last time I had a reassessment was over 3 years ago.

robleggett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down