Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter from Sisip

4 posters

Go down

Letter from Sisip Empty Re: Letter from Sisip

Post by By the Bay Thu 24 May 2018, 11:39

I received an audit letter a few years ago! I called SISIP and told them that I will not give permission to have my information shared with a 3rd party and if they want to do an audit on my file, they can have their own Accounting Department complete it! SISIP took my name off their audit list!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 23 May 2018, 12:47

81A, I would consider it to be a good thing. If they are reviewing/auditing SISIP/Manulife file (your file) they would double check everything in terms of making sure that you are getting what you should. That would be my look at this, but I may be mistaken.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 81A Wed 23 May 2018, 11:22

I received the same letter from Sisip again this year as posted below? Is anyone else getting these?

I am on ELB, CIA and Supplement and rated over 100% with VAC.

I was told by Sisip that they couldn't take anything over the 75% because of how the award was categorized so it was not considered income but not sure on benefits from VAC.

Any thoughts or help on this from anyone woould be great as the letter has a deadline so I would have to get it out shortly.

Cheers

81A
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Tue 16 May 2017, 20:41

Not to make any assumptions on this audit but what happens if there are over payments discovered during the audit? Would we be required to pay Sisip back? My sense is yes we would have to. On the reverse side, what happens if there are under payments discovered?

Willie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 May 2017, 19:42

81A,

They have done audits in the past, I read on other sites where others were getting that same letter.

They cannot share your file unless you give them permission by signing the authorization form, this tells me that the decision to allow the audit group access to your file is left up to you. So I guess it's a matter of personal preference, if your alright with giving them access, sign the consent form, if your not comfortable with it, don't sign. Unless the letter you received was sent registered, no one really knows if you received it. If it was sent registered, then you would have to reply stating that you won't sign the consent form.

That's my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Letter from Sisip Empty Letter from Sisip

Post by 81A Mon 15 May 2017, 18:07

I received a letter from Sisip today as follows:

A review is being undertaken to ensure claims are paid promptly, accurately and in accordance with Sisip standards. Sisip has requested Welch LLP Chartered Professional Accountants, to carry out an audit of services. Personal from Welch LLP will be reviewing a sampling of files and have selected your file as one to be reviewed.

The information contained in all Sisip files is deemed confidential to the client (yourself). In order for Welch LLP to have access to your file, for review purposes, we will require an authorization signed by you. I assure you that information which Welch LLP have access to will be treated in total confidence.

An authorization form is enclosed for your signature and a prepaid envelope for returning the form. As it is Welch LLP's intention to carry put this evaluation during the week of June 12th your prompt attention is appreciated.

Has anyone else received a letter like this? I have never heard of Sisip doing anything like this before. Do I even have to comply with this?

81A
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum