Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says

Go down

'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says Empty Re: 'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Sep 2017, 17:13

I honestly do not see what the big deal is. The cost is not something out of the ordinary, compared to when previous PM's went on vacation. It could be worse. just look south.

As far as the use of a private helicopter, the Tories are already complaining about the costs of that trip, so if JT had chartered a helo, or boat, to get to the island, they would have been complaining about those costs as well. There is nothing that will appease them, but they are wasting even more money, by demanding that government employees investigate the fact that he tool a a ride in a helicopter that probably took less time than it took to write that article.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says Empty 'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says

Post by Guest Wed 13 Sep 2017, 15:48

'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says

The ethics commissioner still hasn't concluded an investigation into whether Trudeau broke rules by using a private helicopter to get there. Trudeau told reporters, 'I have always and will always fully co-operate with the ethics commissioner'

'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says Justin-trudeau-celebrated-world-environment-day-by-kayaking-down-the-niagara-river-and-the-photos-are-fantastic-e1496857829828
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau kayaks down the Niagara River on World Environment Day.

'I'm not going to question' the RCMP spending more than $215,000 on vacation security, Trudeau says E1f8fa1b43995fbcb2991e730014e883?s=135&d=mm&r=g
Marie-Danielle Smith
September 13, 2017

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau brushed off questions from reporters in St. John’s, Nfld. Wednesday after reports emerged the RCMP footed a bigger-than-anticipated security bill for his trip to the Aga Khan’s private island.

“The RCMP provides a protective service for the prime minister and my family and does an excellent job of that,” he said. “It has been the case for all prime ministers in the past and certainly into the future. … I’m not going to question the job or the choices that the RCMP makes.”

The CBC reported Wednesday the trip cost Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other government departments more than $215,000. Original figures contained in an initial response to parliament in March were lower — just over $127,000 — but the RCMP noted at the time that some expenses wouldn’t show up in that amount because they were still being processed.

The Post first reported in January that Trudeau had taken his family and a few friends — including new veterans affairs minister Seamus O’Regan — to visit the Aga Khan on the spiritual leader’s private island in the Bahamas.

The ethics commissioner still hasn’t concluded an investigation into whether Trudeau broke rules by using a private helicopter to get there. Repeating what he said in the House of Commons as he received a barrage of questions about the investigation this spring, Trudeau told reporters, “I have always and will always fully co-operate with the ethics commissioner.”

He said the commissioner, Mary Dawson, asked him not to say anything about ongoing investigations, and that’s why he hasn’t provided details or answered questions about any meetings with her.

A reporter asked Trudeau where he plans to go on vacation this year. “As for my future travel, I will keep you apprised as is necessary,” the prime minister said.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/im-not-going-to-question-the-rcmps-spending-on-vacation-security-trudeau-says

Back to top Go down