Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue

4 posters

Go down

Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue Empty Re: Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue

Post by Guest Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:44

FLAKEY LOL I am laughing now!!!

Back to top Go down

Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue Empty Re: Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue

Post by pinger Sun 08 Oct 2017, 13:21

Hiya Taz,

What ScottyG wrote is very true.
Might sound pretty flakey but he's right.

Smile... It's a good thing ( It won't crack your face )
Watch a funny movie. Something you pxxx yourself laughing about.
Perhaps something G rated you can can watch with your kids as well?

Because life is just too damn bloody short.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz Fri 06 Oct 2017, 08:56

This site has been an amazing source of support. To read other's stories of failing yet being able to push through the darkness along with other stories of how success was achieved (psychologically, physically, and financially).

I'm going to hold steady for now (maybe even smile if I can) and see what help the Pain Clinic and OSI Clinic can bring to the table. I'll take a look online to see if there is OSISS nearby.

I just want to dump all of these damn pharma pain/psych meds. How can someone function with all of the side effects and interactions. Memory, emotions, feeling, giving a $h!t about anything, and caring for my own well being is pretty much crushed with the effects of these meds. I'm quite amazed that I can even reach out on here. Maybe it's the faceless anonymity that allows me to speak out.

Thanks for the support. If I see something that I can help with, I will do what I can to give back to the forum.
Taz
Taz
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2017-03-06

Back to top Go down

Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue Empty Smile TAZ people are thinking of you! :)

Post by Guest Thu 05 Oct 2017, 20:35

I  ask myself
How can I pretend to be happy?
How do I act happy?
How do I fake a smile?
How can I be happy in life?

Benefits of Smiling (even if you fake it)
*Smiling is linked to longevity
*Decreases health problems for heart, cancer
*Reduces stress
*Improves looks ....We are "just hunks of burning love arent we?"
*Improves success in dealing with others

So I recommend Faking it .....my Ex said she always did  (Faked it)  and shes happy spending my pension  LOL  Kidding guys!

Smile at the silliness of life,smile at Donald Trumps daily activities, Smile at an old funny TV shows, Smile with your kids or with an old friend,run away with a buddy and explore something new.

Even if you have to fake it try it...A fake smile works.....

Some of us/we need professsional care and  med drugs too. Thats ok too!

But sometimes Just say F#$k It  and say I am going to Smile!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 05 Oct 2017, 16:48

Taz - Brother, comrade, fellow soldier, and always a soldier. About 4 yrs ago I was in that black hole like you. Another Vet friend with ptsd, OSI, walked up to me at work and said I think you should call this person. It was the OSSIS leader. We met, and l will honestly tell you, that gp of fellow Vets like me, made a huge difference. Our coffee, chats, discussions, mean so much coming fm fellow soldiers , m and f who are in the same mindset, and "Get It".
Try to seek out your local OSSIS gp, they have a webpage, of different gps across Canada. Do the steps, go too the OSI clinic. Most of my friends have got of crap pharma pills with all there side effects, and are now on canabis oil, including myself. It works awesome, but that's your choice.
Being on here has also been a life saver. Guys like big Rex, Trooper, and many more. You can send a pm to any of us, as we have all been there brother. We got your back,,,and reach out to any of us.
I'm sure I missed things, but others can chime in. We all know VA red tape seems endless. But jump thru there hoops, and I promise there will be light at the end.
It angers me that those of us who have seen the shit parts of this world and done stuff, get treated like used tools. Keep your head up soldier, we are here for you. Johnny Out ..VVV,,,
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 05 Oct 2017, 16:29

Taz, your story is one of the reasons that this website even exists. I do not have PTSD, but I do have an OSI, so I fully understand how it can be easier to isolate, than trying to engage with the outside world. If it wasn't for my family, I could easily go a week or more without ever leaving the house. So I use this website to not only help other Veterans, but to help myself, by contributing to our community. So, if you need help, do not be shy. We have a lot of experience on the site, and we will always be there to listen when needed, guide you when needed, and kick you in the butt when needed.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue Empty Vet on the March to Recovery in Need of Encouragement to Continue

Post by Taz Thu 05 Oct 2017, 16:05

Gu' Day all:

My demons are overtaking my life. My home life is good. I WILL NOT allow it to spill over into my family life NO MATTER WHAT! My wife and kids are what keeps me afloat. Seeing my children happy makes me happy.

I am shut in. Can't communicate outside. I am cutting. I'm on so many prescription meds (pills and injections) I can't even count them. I am proud and happy to say that I do not abuse my meds or seek recreational drugs... but I wonder if there will be a tipping point. The bureaucracy of VAC is killing me. I can never seem to make it through a claim without destroying my psychological health, which is hard on both myself and my psychologists game plan.

Don't get me wrong.... without VAC I would most likely be on the street and my family life ruined. The benefits available to me have made me grateful, but they are not perfect. I would say that I'm not trying to seek attention, but that would be a lie.

I am humbling looking for words of encouragement to keep soldiering on. Maybe even some recommendations of organizations that can help get stabilize my life. I have to be strong for my kids. I just found out that VAC will be sending me to an OSI clinic and a Pain clinic. Has anyone been through these institutions? Does anyone have any advice on how to go through this successfully; or what your experience has been?

I feel like I'm going against everything I learned in the Forces by asking for help, but I'm reaching my breaking point... I humbly thank you all in advance for your advice and help.

Feel free to share everything I said above if it furthers a cause that helps other Vets, just please keep in mind that I would like to remain anonymous.

If this post is against the forum rules... please delete and I will seek support elsewhere. Thank you all.
Taz
Taz
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2017-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum