Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job vac pay

5 posters

Go down

Job vac pay  Empty Re: Job vac pay

Post by AirLog Mon 15 Jan 2018, 21:02

Thanks Propat. Makes sense.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 15 Jan 2018, 19:04

air log in the context of what I said " if you can no longer work " . voc rehab is vocational rehab witch entails different rehab tools designed to get you back to work.

the rehab program is what you will need to be accepted for to received ELB and the rest . voc rehab is only one part of the rehab program and if he asks for voc rehab as a person that can no longer work with assessments saying he should not be working well you can see how this would create some issues .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Mon 15 Jan 2018, 18:50

Propat,

Why wouldn't you ask for voc rehab? I need to be educated here.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 15 Jan 2018, 17:07

ya old army guy ELB is the income replacement program you will be looking for . now I'm assuming you already have an award for PTSD . you will also want to be applying for CIA and CIA supplement . to start you will need to get approved for the rehab program . if you can no longer work DO NOT ask for voc rehab this WILL throw a wrench into everything . once on the rehab program they will start processing your applications . its best to sit down with your CM and do these all at once if you can .

hope this helps

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 05:51

Too Old Army Guy fm an old army guy Rad Op - I have been in your shoes. Call or I would go into the Vac District Office. Inform them that your Pscy advises that due too you ptsd you can no longer work. Then you want to get assigned a CM, and that you want to go on Voc Rehab right away. Going on Voc Rehab, will allow you to get ELB for up too 2 yrs. that is 90 % of pre release salary.
Then the cm will have to sit down with you, do there assessment, too determine your needs. Do not let them force you into retraining, as your pscy already said no on paper. They will need a copy of latest assessment. At the same time you put in for Voc Rehab, put in for CIA. I’m sure I missed something, but this will get you started. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Sun 14 Jan 2018, 21:46

Sorry Old Army Guy but I think my advice is inaccurate. I’m not sure how it works under the new Charter. Sorry. Hopefully someone can answer it

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Sun 14 Jan 2018, 21:43

speak to you case Manager and get ball rolling for psych rehab and apply for earning loss benefits

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Job vac pay  Empty Job vac pay

Post by Old Army Guy Sun 14 Jan 2018, 21:36

Question:
I retired from the military and rehired by them in a civilian capacity. My PTSD has led to numerous problems that will get me fured, I’ll quit or they won’t renew my contract. My question is, what vac program can I ask for to replace my pay when I run out of work? Even my shrink says I shouldn’t be working. Any idea of a vac pay replacement?
Thanks

Old Army Guy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2017-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum