Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

By Brian McKenna from VGR

+2
skidsteer
Admin
6 posters

Go down

By Brian McKenna from VGR Empty Re: By Brian McKenna from VGR

Post by propat Sun 21 Jan 2018, 08:51

and the drum beat goes on . in fact should have started weeks after they came to power . ya see weeks after they came to power the MVA came out with a statement with talking points he would use for a long time . just going off memory so maybe not quoted exactly but .

this will take a long time , this is complicated , vets told us to take the time to get it right .

not only is an option to take the PA pension is the fastest fix and only real path to equality its the least complicated .

and they used vets as cover for the delay .

I know how these frackers speak and knew then and there that this plan that they just released would not be the PA option but BS .

if some of you recall the day I heard him speak these words the day or day after he said them I went on a bit of a tirade posting they were going to break their promise .righting letters to politicians even righting up and sending them the legislation required for the fair fast and uncomplicated fix .

weeks into power I was fracking peed because the MVA come out and said these things . yes it was political speak but he told us with , in my mind , no uncertainty we are going to frack you ... we are going to take our good ol time doing it ... and in the end we are going to say this is what you asked for .

with only a few weeks in power these three talking points told us all of this and more . at the time of this during my tirade I said this would be a low cost to now cost move ya with perhaps a few name changes and some interesting math thrown in for good measure ( smoke and confusion ) but a low cost to no cost move just the same . I also said this would come out near the next election . ya that was a bit off but if ya look at the implementation date and the fact the legislation and regulations have not been released and I believe they will not be till just before the vote . pretty bang on I think .

all this weeks into power from 3 talking points . that's when the drum should have started beating harder !!!! that's when we should have known we got fracked !!!! that's when we should have known they already knew what they were going to do . that's when we should have known ( as they in fact did at the time ) the stakeholders meetings were useless for us cover for them .

this whole thing can change if the polls due. due to the liberals lead in the polls right now any demographic group our size is not that relevant and due to the cost of fixing the problem they created for us well will look at other demographic groups for support ya know the ones that involve cheaper fixes .

thing is their poll numbers are sliding and we should try to help with this by any means . thing is boys in a close election we will matter to them very much .

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 21 Jan 2018, 06:18

Another extract from social media.
People wake up!
This is Canada and it isn't a big country.
Word spreads fast digitally and the message is coming across loud and clear across all channels.

Now we've got traction, because the GOC came out ON SOCIAL MEDIA and other forums and created propaganda by stating they would reinstate our Pension Act.
But now!
This guy "the newest MVA" has absolutely no rights, nor authority to state to us that our "Pension isn't returning" and magically fluffing us off.
No way.  
No way, I am a Canadian Soldier 100% and I do not take orders from these pieces of shyte phonies.  

Anyway,
Here is a copy and paste form the VGR, reference Berry W 1st Feb meeting.  

By Dany F.  
Shouldn't that be live on the CPAC channel? (reference Berry speaking about the JPSU)

I'll confess. I was always somewhat happy with the way I was treated with regards with my pensions. With all that was or is happening in the news within the past few years, I have been shown that I have been shafted along with many other brothers and sisters in arms many times over.

Just in the past year, it seems like I have had a big dose of eye opener. From the Desmond family tragedy in NS, to the guys fighting to get our pensions back like before we got screwed, yet again, back before 2006 to many other sad things for us veterans. Let's not forget how many poor souls ended their lives because of no treatment with their condition.

We signed in good faith on the dotted line at any recruit center across this country. We all plead allegiance to the sovereignty of our Queen and so on. Do your time, get back injured one way or another and all of a sudden, BOOM! It's as if we didn't exist. Cpl who? Sgt what? LCOL where? Regardless of the rank, we are just one thing, a number.

Having said that, I think 2018 will increase that number. However I'm not talking about our number. Oh no. I'm talking numbers. If my number plus your number and so on gets added, that makes up a big number. 2018 will be the year that will make our number heard. I think the lined has finally been crossed.

Thanks to many people like Aaron Bedard just to name one, the veteran community is more aware of what harm is being done to us each day. Never was a fan of social media but in this case, boy I'm happy to see I'm not the only one being screwed.

So to everyone on here or other veterans sites, remember this quote from my favorite band: "Together we stand, divided we fall."

Do not medically release your brightest and strongest CF members with out absolute 100% coverage, it will come back and bite you in the ass.

BTW
When you should fall under the PA, but were screwed and deceived (due to application dates and VRAB deceitful verdicts) the NVC is garbage!
Especially knowing your former roommate, who fell fully under the PA is not sweating it!
Yes, I am as happy as a pig in shyte "sarcastically as I think to myself."

No military pension
Over six years of service and I remained a Private
Nothing to lose, nothing to gain
Wasted my early years in life for these clowns (The GOC)
and now I suffer the rest of my life...................................NOT YOU! (policy makers)... ME!
The people making the goddam policies are not going to like what the future holds.
A new generation of veterans are now coming online and finding out they are getting the shaft.

Here is the thing, they better get it right and take their time.
Because, maybe not now, or one or two years from now, but when the smoke in the mirror dissipates and we all see where the chips landed....Hmmm
I do not think that the GOC can pull out a procedure and protocol manual for when they (Liberal Party of Canada and Leader) straight up lies to the soul of Canada and expects to get a way with it.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jan 2018, 15:05

propat wrote:ha ha yes danny you understand exactly how they operate . good stuff buds .

propat

Wow, I thought you guys did not see through this BS that this post started.    Congrats

These types of guys run with the pack that was wined and dined with the government during the BS years of when the glorious stakeholders meetings where held.  They gave us 15% in ELB which was a start but fell far short of the target of bring the PA back.  These guys parachute in and drop in lines to make us Vets think that GOC is being reasonable and looking after our future.   They are mouth pieces and nothing more for the GOC.  

If it’s such a good plan, why did the RCMP not join?   Because they where smarter and not fooled by the BS.

Keep up your protests no matter how small they are against this Liberal GOC, they lied to us and they are really trying to fuck us hard up the ass lead by Team Justin and his appointed friend the current waiting to be released at some point MVA.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:26

shanghaied I believe in para 2 her was commenting on how the determination proses had changed .

on announcement time ; severely injured to not severely .

latter that day ; using the benchmark of 78% .

the next day . employability with no new screening or applications .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:15

ha ha yes danny you understand exactly how they operate . good stuff buds .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 20 Jan 2018, 08:42

Brian M. is a plaintiff in the Equitas suit.
He associates with Arron B. and Mark C. and some other fellas.
VGR is Veteran's Guerilla Radio a Facebook Forum with over 10,000 members.
Morphed?
It has morphed because; we Veterans + CF personnel + DND civil servants+ VAC employees and the general public, were apparently blatantly deceived (A Campaign Promise that is an apparent gaggle Frack....but yet to come and sweat it out.)

The direction they are heading is eliminating the PFL (monthly pension based on the PA scale), which is the Pension Act with fancy slides and people of stature or what people refer to as "celebrity status messengers."
But, don't kid yourself, these folks are strategically placed here amongst the crowd and are visiting all across Canada and brilliantly so.
Why?
To try and continue to deceive us.... realize,that you are the injured one and not these visual aids that are trying to persuade and swindle veterans into believing a fake alternative to what was original promised...
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

By Brian McKenna from VGR Empty Qwest for Answers

Post by shanghaied Sat 20 Jan 2018, 07:46

Who is Brian Mckeena?  What is VGR?  Once again, how has it morphed?  Anyone know?

shanghaied
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 19 Jan 2018, 21:21

One thing I'm trying to wrap my head around. They are saying the Additional pain and suffering (APSC) is strictly a NEW benefit, and that it's not replacing the CIA, even thought the three grades are pretty much equal, once taxes are taken into account. They also said that those currently getting the CIA/CIAS are not losing those benefits. So does that mean that those currently above 78% and getting the CIA/CIAS, are going to be entitled to this new benefit as, causing even more disparity, between the three different plans?

Last edited by bigrex on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 15:22; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

By Brian McKenna from VGR Empty Question

Post by shanghaied Fri 19 Jan 2018, 15:28

In para 9 you say it has morphed. Please explain and show example. Thank you

shanghaied
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by skidsteer Wed 17 Jan 2018, 19:14

I enjoyed reading this. Brought to light things I hadn't considered. I must say though it raised my anxiety level some.
skidsteer
skidsteer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

By Brian McKenna from VGR Empty By Brian McKenna from VGR

Post by Admin Wed 17 Jan 2018, 15:50

I'll take a second here and go over some glaring flaws, as I see them. First of all, lets call a spade a spade . This is better. Five hundred bucks is better, so is five cents. So this meets that standard of better. And making some benefits tax free not only saves money on taxes, but makes less money exposed to child support and spousal support claims. Since our injured community is highly divorced, theres some gain here. So there are some positive moves.

This is not parity. Not even close. In fact it creates further divides within the injury table. Now, instead of percentages, we have some bureaucrats idea of your “employability.“ Theres some guys at 100% who are working. Theres guys at 20% who are not. On the day of the announcement it was said that the second benefit they are creating, the additional pain and suffering award at 500,1000,1500 was going to be decided by severely and then not severely injured. Then later that day, through staffers, it was released that the benchmark was 78%. The next day, no one would dare mention the 78%. Now its employability, with no new screening or application form we are told. Just how the hell are they going to determine that, and what are the routes for challenging it or any recourse if its not something thats applied for in the first place?

I understand that “this won’t please everybody.” Normally when that is stated in english, it means it will affect most positively but a few negatively. Thats not the case here. They government openly admits that the only people who stand a chance of being near the pension act, are the top 12% of those injured under the NVC. So in other words, 88% of you are the few that won’t be pleased.

As usual, cases quoted are ‘best case’, and of course I don’t mean quality of life of the injured but rather rate of assessment. The cases quoted to produce the 2650 (vice the 2700 of the 100% pension act payment) have the person accepted at 100%, accepted at qualifying for the additional amount, and within that, getting the highest level. They also miss the fact that the person can improve , and then cease to qualify. They also miss that under the PA you got an additional 600$ for your spouse, and 300$ for you first child, and 260 for the second and an additional 200 or so for each other dependant. So all of the above assumptions have to come through, and there is none of the other benefits. They don’t exist.

The IRB. The current ELB is already at 90%. So how does combining 5 benefits with it, and keeping the number at 90% not result in essentially eliminating those other benefits? If not, what the hell are they grandfathering? I spoke to the department today and I can tell you that the CIA level 1,2,3 and the supplement could have given a veteran anywhere between 600 and 2700 depending on levels and supplement. Its gone. As of 1 april 2019, it will no longer be issued. If you have it, the government won’t be able to take it from you. In other words , the exact date that a benefit ceases to be issued at 600, 1100,1700 (and another 1000$ with supplement), a new benefit worth 500, 1000, and 1500 shows up decided entirely on who gets it by the bureacracy. As well, the IRB is revocable so as soon as you gain employment it goes away. The CIA used to be for life. I’ll put it another way. The government loves to say how the PA didn’t have decent rehab programs. Fair enough. So send the bill to the finance department instead to the post 2006 vets. And now, to finance an adjustment to bring us a bit closer to the PA, future generations have to give up any entitlement to the CIA or CIA S. Sound familiar?

The 20,000 you can earn. I asked the minister about this the other day. He waffled. Theres a reason it says earnings instead of income. Because they still intend on clawing back every cent of the pension (CFSA) that you paid into your entire career.

SISIP. SISIP still is under no requirement to get in line with the ELB. So still no 90%, and yet now for a new guy injured no entitlement to the CIA which we used to get while on SISIP. Its gone next year.

It pits vets against vets. Essentially, they are trying to take the visibly injured out of the pool of those complaining. There used to be a perfect way of ensuring that the most severely wounded got the most coverage and the slightly wounded got the least. Percentages. Thats how percentages work. They give more to the 98% than the give to the 17%. Now, mixed into this will be the haves and have nots of the CIA, based solely on when you applied (just like bringing in the NVC). You’ll have the haves and have nots based on some bureaucrats assessment of your employability. You have this 1% adjustor that will create the haves and have nots based on whether you had more or less than 5 years to the day of service left in a 25 year career. It will create the haves and have nots for reservists that bought back their pension as every single cent an injured reservist gets is clawed back, making it completely pointless to do. It creates the haves and have nots based on a regular force member having less than 10 years, because at less he would at have a return of contributions from his CFSA, but an 11-25 year guy had his contributions stay in the pension fund, that he gets clawed back entirely. Essentially, if you are under the NVC, you still loose every cent you contributed to your pension. So the reservists that never bought back, or the reg force given a return of contributions are better off than the reserves that bought back or the regulars that had their pension contributions held. I can tell you that I bought back with 30,000 and still have 90 bucks a month coming off my bank account until I’m 60, yet every cent I get from my pension gets deducted from ELB.

As usual, I differ from others on approach and opinion, and thats fine. I do think there is reason to continue to lobby the government and talk to them, because if there’s good news look at paragraph two and you can see characteristics of this proposal have already morphed in a month, they can morph some more. Cabinet has approved this, so the general structure won’t budge but there is still room to push it on some of the items I’ve listed above.

That said, if all the things I’ve brought up here move in a positive direction, this still is not equality / parity / fairness or any other synonym.

How is the 60% guy better off that has no job, but wants to be employed?

How is the 40% guy better off that wanted to be a mountie, but now is employed at Canadian Tire because the mounties won’t take him but the CF kicked him out? Maybe 60 $ more a month.

And there’s bait to like it. The idea that some people might get yet another top-up in disguise if they got a large lump sum and it was a long time ago.
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down