Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sisip CPP-D questions. No CFSA

4 posters

Go down

Sisip CPP-D questions. No CFSA Empty Re: Sisip CPP-D questions. No CFSA

Post by Nemo Wed 07 Feb 2018, 14:57

Bewildered.... r u covered under VAC at all? If not, then getting your CPP(D) won't affect what you would get from SISIP. There is a minimum amount that you are entitled to under SISIP. And this minimum amount is the same with just SISIP or if you get SISIP and CPP(D). SISIP will merely deduct what CPP(D) give you from the minimum amount that you are guaranteed under SISIP.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 05 Feb 2018, 13:00

Hi Bewildered,

Yes it is true! SISIP LTD claws back the CPP-D but only your portion. Good news is that if you have any dependents, SISIP can NOT claw back your Children Benefit portion from CPP-D. I have been receiving CPP-D for over 13 years now and from Day 1, SISIP has deducted my CPP-D from my SISIP monthly payment.

Yes you are required to pay SISIP any retro payment you receive but again ONLY your portion not the Children Benefit portion. I received a retro payment of $4141.00 and I was required to pay SISIP $2832.00 leaving me with $1308.00.

Financially you would not benefit from this pension however I have been told that when I hit 65 it will not decrease my CPP payment by much. But when I hit 65, VAC will be clawing back that portion so it really does not benefit me at all.  What a scam! I paid into CPP all those years and I don't get to benefit from it!

13 years ago SISIP harassed the sh** out of me until I applied for CPP-D. I finally buckled when they said they could cease my LTD payments until I applied for CPP-D because I was not abiding by SISIP's policy. Mad

Hope this helps,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sun 04 Feb 2018, 05:19

ya buds there is benefit to this in the long run so you should do it. bottom line when you hit 65 you will not be penalized all the years you have not been paying into CPP when they do your calculations . in effect your CPP level will be frozen. if you don't have CPPD you will probably receive less CPP and guessing you have a ways to go to hit 65 probably a lot less for CPP than you would have if you had CPPD maybe even nothing .

so ya id be doing this .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Sisip CPP-D questions. No CFSA Empty Sisip CPP-D questions. No CFSA

Post by Bewildered Sat 03 Feb 2018, 18:03

Hello. Any thoughts on this anyone?

Background info

3b Released sisip just approved me to stay on sisip LTD for another year (going into 3rd year now) Just received a letter explaining I am required to apply for CPP-D
I served for 9.5 years so I do not have a CFSA as I took the transfer value when I released from CF

How will this CPP-D affect me? I read stories of guys benefits being reduced due to the claw back from sisip and cf pension. Since i do not have a CF pension its just sisip that will require the repayment from any cpp-d I receive? Whatever cpp-d gives me? sisip will just give me that amount less? WTF is going on here why is this so complicated. I can only imagine what this cpp-d application form looks like.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks a ton

Bewildered
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down