Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

medical marijuana and working for the Gov.

2 posters

Go down

medical marijuana and working for the Gov. Empty Re: medical marijuana and working for the Gov.

Post by bigrex Mon 26 Feb 2018, 18:46

At that point, they will likely look a Voc Rehab, to see if you can train for a different job or career, that won't frown upon MM use. I just wish they would get over the fact that it's marijuana. I'm sure they wouldn't have a second thought if you had been prescribed Dilaudid for pain management, even though it's a controlled substance, and there is no talks about making it legal for recreational use.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

medical marijuana and working for the Gov. Empty Re: medical marijuana and working for the Gov.

Post by Guest Mon 26 Feb 2018, 17:44

good advice, I have approval for the prescription but have yet to fill it, however, if I have a sit down with them and they say " the minute you take that drug you`re done here", then what, I cant just not take the medication to keep my job, because if I keep going the way I`m going I`m going to lose the job anyway, due to medical issues. In the end I will have to atleast try the drug because if it helps and it saves my sanity and relationship with my family then then they can keep their job. But If I am let go and I call up my CM and say, I was just let go from my job today because I`m using cannabis, what can they/VAC do for me at that point?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 26 Feb 2018, 15:44

Unfortunately, you may have to decide between your health and your employment. But what I would do, is talk to your employers before filling the subscription. That way they can make the decision, before you place yours job in jeopardy . If they say that they can move you, great. If not you may have wait, or look for employment elsewhere. Basically, if you take it before letting them know, you are forcing their hand, and they may not like that. But if you go to them beforehand, they may be more accommodating.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Feb 2018, 11:16

From what I`ve read, if you don`t disclose the use they have grounds to outright fire you, but if you do disclose it, they have to make every attempt to find you a job within the institution if you are no longer considered "fit" to do your original job. As long as I disclose they cant fire me on the spot, however if there are no spots in that type of job to accommodate me, it`s causing "undue hardship" to the employer and they can legally let me go. There are just some jobs out there where I don`t think the employee is allowed to be on MJ and still be functioning in a safe environment and dealing with human lives. If I disclose and lose my job, I`m ruined.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 26 Feb 2018, 08:53

Hi Artie. I have been on the Canabis oil for a yr now. I can tell you, doing just the cbd oil in the day, your head spacing will be even clearer. Most vets I know take it bkfst, lunch, supper. So it’s not like your doing the other bottle, thc. Which is strictly for bed. If they never see you take cbd, they wouldn’t know the difference. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

medical marijuana and working for the Gov. Empty medical marijuana and working for the Gov.

Post by Guest Mon 26 Feb 2018, 04:40

My Dr. has okayed me for cannabis , my understanding is that once on it you are supposed to disclose it to your employer, the boss has a duty to accommodate if possible...but I work in a jail. My concern is getting fired after disclosing as my job involves, driving, spilt second decision making and at times the use of weapons. Is anyone else here in the same position,? If job cans me, what can VAC do for me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down