Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB?

Go down

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB? Empty Re: How much income is too much to qualify for ELB?

Post by propat Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:31

wow I'm getting pension for life and NVC benefits ta boot doing ok living in NB but sadly cant afford even a single tesla for myself lol. but back to the question at hand .

qualifying and actually getting paid by ELB would be two separate things if I'm not mistaken . if ya qualify ya qualify and that would be the most important thing . the income you currently receive will determine how much you receive from ELB . if you make to much you could be zero sum and get nothing . the upside of getting qualified now even at zero sum is if something bad happens down the line you can simply let them know your new incomes and have them recalculate .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB? Empty Do not hesitate to call over and over to get your questions answered. The squeaky wheel gets the OIL!!!!

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2018, 06:04

Wow what a question. If you are working full time and making good money you do not qualify for ELB. If you are arent you get 90% of your military salary. (Includes COA increases). 4 example: If you income is $10000 while working for DND you will get 90% or $9000 bucks. Then if you get CIA and CIA S you get another $1700 more taxable. Now your up to $10700. Then you get your DA that could be up to $360000+. Then if you have over 10 years of service you get a  Military pension. For 10 yrs its 20% 20 yrs 40% 30yrs 60%. (Averaged of best 5 yrs) This amount will reduced ELB dollar for dollar. Based on the example i used for income you never will drop below $10700. There is about 18 other benefits you can apply for that will help you get by. Some/Most are a pain in the butt to get. Wait times are over a year presently.(from first contact to money in the bank almost 12 months) The good news is IF IF IF you just get the ELB plus the retraining allowances up to $80000 plus a DA and all your medical care paid for you will likely get by better off than any other Canadian on LTD. If IF If, they are forced to restore the promised life long tax free pension after receiving all the other benefits your kids will be driving new Telsas.  BUT this isnt happening. Sad  I hope this answered your question. If you really need further clarification call VAC. You may have to call 2 or 3 times to get a complete handle on all this stuff. Takes note and ask lots of questions. Then call again repeat anything you need to hear again.Tell them you are recording this call they react very professionally. I had too!

Back to top Go down

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB? Empty How much income is too much to qualify for ELB?

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2018, 15:51

I just submitted the forms, one page had a list of possible income available to a vet to which you are supposed to mark ,getting, not getting and if getting how much are you taking in before taxes. I don`t even know how much ELB is, is it a set base amount or varies case to case, and if you have a job, how much is too much yearly take home pay before VAC says I don't "qualify"?

Back to top Go down

How much income is too much to qualify for ELB? Empty Re: How much income is too much to qualify for ELB?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down