Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to get copies of all the documentaion a CM has made on you...

3 posters

Go down

Is it possible to get copies of all the documentaion a CM has made on you... Empty Re: Is it possible to get copies of all the documentaion a CM has made on you...

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2018, 23:57

but my file with VAc should be relatively small/handy they only have to go back about 15 years

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to get copies of all the documentaion a CM has made on you... Empty Re: Is it possible to get copies of all the documentaion a CM has made on you...

Post by Newf Wed 30 May 2018, 14:39

Newfie,
I know with older dnd records your service file will be sent for storage to a government department named “library and archieves canada”. Records of a more recent vintage would be held with DND.

Fours months seems like a long time. I would give them a phone call for an update on your request.

Cheers from a fellow Nflder
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Wed 30 May 2018, 14:14

I put in  a request for Medical docs thru Privacy Act and received a confirmation email on 24 Jan 2018 that it will be processed within 30 calendar days from receipt date. Also received a tracking number. It is now 30 May or 120 days later and still no sign of the info showing up

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Wed 30 May 2018, 13:03

Perfect. Requests made through the Access to Information Act will cost the fee of $5.00. Requests made through the Privacy Act is free. Both will give you the same results. Good luck

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2018, 12:44

I just did it, they charged me $5 , but If I get the information I need it will be worth it

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Wed 30 May 2018, 12:43

Privacy Act request that Halifax275 has suggested is the best way to go. There is NO charges or fees when you request information about yourself by this type of request.

I recommend just asking for a copy of your file preferably an electronic copy in pdf format. By having pdf format you can search for specific terms or information that you may need.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2018, 12:28

I have my med docs from release, but what you obtained was from a VAC office since your release?

Back to top Go down

Post by Halifax275 Wed 30 May 2018, 11:57

You would have to file a Privacy Act request. You can do it online here: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Be as specific as you can in your request WRT what documents you are seeking and where they may be located. This should speed up the request. I obtained copies of my health records and personal file that way. They say it should be done within 30 days but it took closer to 6 months for me.

Halifax275
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-06-28

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to get copies of all the documentaion a CM has made on you... Empty Is it possible to get copies of all the documentaion a CM has made on you...

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2018, 11:47

...through freedom of information etc? I`d be interested in reading what various CM `s have written about my situation and their recommendation or denial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down