Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E I A qualification

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

E I A qualification  - Page 2 Empty Re: E I A qualification

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:14

bigrex wrote:Yes, under the EIA entitlement, you need to be paid at 100% before you are eligible. But if you are or were getting the CIA, before hitting the 100% mark, you are not entitled to get EIA.
what is the reasoning for this? A vet could be at 70% disability and getting CIA as well, then as a result of 4 more claims end up over the 100% disability mark...but because he already gets $5-600 a month for Low level CIA,he cant get EIA? Shouldn't he get EIA at whatever that amount is but deduct CIA from it so he at least gets something extra for his multitude of injuries?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 03 Aug 2018, 07:56

Under the PA, there was never any point, where you were deemed TPI, or DEC. You could be getting a 100% pension, and EIA, and working full time (if able to), without any clawbacks. it was on;y when they introduced the ELB, under the NVC, did VAC start worrying about whether or not Veterans were able to work, as a way to limit who qualified for these new benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 22:46

bigrex wrote:Yes, under the EIA entitlement, you need to be paid at 100% before you are eligible. But if you are or were getting the CIA, before hitting the 100% mark, you are not entitled to get EIA.
if your disabilities add up to 100% ,say a major disability pension  80% and then 4 disability awards of 5% over the next 2 years,that's basically 100%,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 00:03; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 30 Jul 2018, 19:52

Yes, under the EIA entitlement, you need to be paid at 100% before you are eligible. But if you are or were getting the CIA, before hitting the 100% mark, you are not entitled to get EIA.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

E I A qualification  - Page 2 Empty E I A qualification

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2018, 19:02

On line it says you qualify for EIA, if you have a disability pension AND a disability award that totals 98%.

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 00:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2