Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Forces Income Support

Go down

Canadian Forces Income Support Empty Re: Canadian Forces Income Support

Post by bigrex Tue 21 Aug 2018, 16:31

Ok, from the Act and regulations, a married pensioner will earn roughly $1720, plus an extra $283 for each dependant child. From that amount they will deduct 1/12th, of your spouses income. So if she earns $1000/mo, they will deduct $83. They will also deduct income from prescribed sources, which include ELB (which is senseless, since you can only qualify for CIIS if no longer getting ELB) SISIP, Disability benefits received from the RCMP, OAS, and compassionate awards granted by VRAB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2018, 15:29

I can answer number two.

With respect to the job search, veterans are required to fill out forms once a month listing where they searched for jobs and to which jobs were applied too, accompanying those forms are other forms where any income from prescribed sources is to be listed.

For example if a veteran receives CIA allowance, it is considered income.

Back to top Go down

Canadian Forces Income Support Empty Canadian Forces Income Support

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2018, 11:44

"A tax-free monthly benefit available to ensure Veterans who are no longer eligible for the ELB (i.e., completed the Rehabilitation Program), but are unable to find employment have a level of income to meet basic needs which they are engaged in a job search."
1. Does anyone know if VAC takes into account a veteran`s spouse income when issuing this? Would they look at his/her income and say there is already enough money coming into the household to survive.
2. How does VAC determine that you are engaged in a job search, and must you take any job around? I mean, I could probably get a job returning shopping carts in the parking lot of a major grocery store, but I still have a little pride left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down