Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent 3b in Need of Financial Guidance

3 posters

Go down

Recent 3b in Need of Financial Guidance Empty Re: Recent 3b in Need of Financial Guidance

Post by By the Bay Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:55

Jayse29,

When I was medically released in 2005, SISIP suggested that I apply for Unemployment Insurance and collect EI until SISIP kicked it!
This is how I was able to pay for rent.
Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Recent 3b in Need of Financial Guidance Empty Re: Recent 3b in Need of Financial Guidance

Post by bigrex Wed 22 Aug 2018, 17:26

That might be your final CF paycheque, to cover from the 15th to 22nd of July? it won't be your CF pension yet, which you will get, in spite of your age. You will get an immediate annuity (CF pension) because you served more than 10 years before being medically released, but it can take a couple of months to kick in.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Recent 3b in Need of Financial Guidance Empty Recent 3b in Need of Financial Guidance

Post by Jayse29 Wed 22 Aug 2018, 14:25

Hello,

My 3b release date from the CF was July 22, 2018 (Officially July 11th + remaining annual). I joined July 10th, 2002
As planned, I saved up some money while I await for SISIP Manulife and the remainder from VAC (which I hear can be a while.)

On July 15th, I received a deposit from "Canada Pay" in the amount of $667.20. Can anyone tell me what this came from (Someone told me pension but I am 36).

Is it a one time thing? If not, how often should I expect to see it?

As far as sisip goes, (with my release being within the 4-6 week timeline) do they only pay on certain dates of the month?

The reason I ask is because the funds are low and if that $667.20 is a bi-monthly thing, it will save my ass for paying rent, bills and child support for the month.

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down