Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question regarding earnings loss

3 posters

Go down

Question regarding earnings loss Empty Re: Question regarding earnings loss

Post by Gunner8 Mon 03 Sep 2018, 09:49

Pinger, thanks for your reply. I appreciate the advice.

I’m just to the point where I want to get back to try and see if I can do a full time job. I am very greatful for the ELB program, it’s great support, but for me now, I feel as though getting back in the workforce may benefit me. But I’m also nervous about it in case it don’t work out, then what? But I feel at some point I just have to try?

Gunner8

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 02 Sep 2018, 21:41

Gunner8,

I kinda... know your sit.
"because right now sitting at home all day is just driving me crazy of boredom, and I think it may be hurting me more than helping."

I tried working civie street jobs until I couldn't walk or stand proper (pain). F'g Brutal
But jeez Gunner8, do NOT go be-bopping in and out of ELB.  I've had it for some time myself.

Make sure you got 1 or 2 real tight friends (supportive and understanding)

You have to take good care... it's pretty tricky some days. And your not alone...

Fairest winds
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 29 Aug 2018, 16:40

Oh okay. Too bad that didn’t come into affect as soon as they announced it. Thanks for the help folks.

Gunner8

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2018, 13:23

Gunner8 wrote:I did not know that. I thought the whole point of earnings loss was because you could not work.
When did they decide they were going to change it? That sounds like a great idea idea tho. It gives people an opportunity to get back in the work force, even if only part time.

This new legislation comes into affect on April 1, 2019 it was announced along with the Pension for Life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 29 Aug 2018, 09:54

I did not know that. I thought the whole point of earnings loss was because you could not work.
When did they decide they were going to change it? That sounds like a great idea idea tho. It gives people an opportunity to get back in the work force, even if only part time.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 29 Aug 2018, 07:45

If possible, you might want to wait until April before trying to work. Because once ELB is transformed into the IRB (Income Replacement Benefit), it will allow recipients to earn up to $20000/yr, before any income is deducted. That way, you can work part time, to give yourself that sense of purpose, without fear of losing the financial support from VAC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 28 Aug 2018, 21:33

Yeah my old case manager told me one at one point that they could do a trial for a few months and if I couldn’t do it they could put me back on the program. But at that time it didn’t go ahead.
Now I’m just curious, because I feel like I want to give it a try. But I don’t want to get stuck if it don’t work out and then I have no income coming in.

Gunner8

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Aug 2018, 16:21

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that you are able to collect ELB more than once, if your medical condition changes.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Question regarding earnings loss Empty Question regarding earnings loss

Post by Gunner8 Tue 28 Aug 2018, 15:43

I’m currently on the earnings loss program for PTSD. I’m being reassessed for the second time. I’ve been on this program for 5 years and I was rehabilitated and went back to school. But I’m still on the program as there has been some set backs.

With this reassessment that I am currently waiting to hear back from. I’m considering to just go back to work and give it a try, because right now sitting at home all day is just driving me crazy of boredom, and I think it may be hurting me more than helping.

Does anyone know if I go back to work will this affect my reassessment? Also, if I did get off the earnings loss program and went back to work, but realized I wasn’t ready for that after a few weeks/ months, would I be able to get back on the program?

Thanks
Gunner8

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: