Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone set me straight

3 posters

Go down

Someone set me straight Empty Re: Someone set me straight

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2018, 01:25

Supremedebater wrote:I don't read anywhere that vets currently recieving CIA and CIAS will not lose CIA. CIAS is being replaced with apsc but it seems to me that I read they're taking away both benefits and only giving the apsc. The CIA is actually the lifelong pension. How can they say vets won't be getting less when they're taking a benefit away? Please if you guys and gals want to chime in, provide your proof please. Because it seems to me some people think that current vets don't lose CIA in April 2019 on the vac website for pro, it says CIA and CIAS are history but they don't say currently vets will keep the CIA and then get the apsc and lifelong pension.

Does anyone concur with this? Stuff is so vague it is ridiculous.

Supreme out
somewhere on line it shows that CIA is currently approximately $600,$1200&$1800 by grad level...and taxed, the liberals might be calling it something else but it will still exist, only becoming approximately $500,$1000and $1500 by grade level but no longer taxed

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 09 Nov 2018, 00:09

Hi Supremedebater, 

If you want proof, go to Veterans Affairs Canada Facebook page. 
There was a hour long video posted on January 16/2018 called Pension For Life Q&A Live:  I asked the question on Facebook Live. Just to save you time.  My question was read at 16:28 minutes into the video. "Will Veterans who are currently receiving Career Impact Allowance and Career Impact Allowance Supplement continue to receive these benefits for life after April 2019 or will recipients loose their CIA and CIAS monthly benefits." 
My Question was answered at 19:18 minutes. I suggest that you watch the entire video. It's a real eye opener.

Plus it's also documented here. http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life#questionsAndAnswers
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 09 Nov 2018, 00:02

Right on, it just seems one way, they’re saying this, then another it seems different. But yes they do like making things confusing. Ok cool, thanks. I have been out of the loop far too long.

Supreme out

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 08 Nov 2018, 23:12

Those Veterans getting CIAS will be grandfathered. But for everyone else, the CIAS will no longer exist. The CIA is being replaced with the APSC, with the same three grades, except reduced and made tax free.

And it's made confusing on purpose, to hide how future Veterans are getting screwed over. Because any Veteran who will be assessed at 100% could get $1150 max PFL,  up to $1500 APSC and the 90% IRB. But if the PFL didn't exist, they would likely qualify for the $1120 CIAS, up to $1,828.67 CIA, the same 90% ELB, plus get a lump sum of more than $3600000.

To be honest, the ONLY good thing that I see from the PFL legislation, is getting rid of the RISB, and simply extending the IRB, for life, with a 30% drop at 65. Because the IRB removes to APSC from the calculations and deductions.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Someone set me straight Empty Someone set me straight

Post by Supremedebater Thu 08 Nov 2018, 22:28

I don't read anywhere that vets currently recieving CIA and CIAS will not lose CIA. CIAS is being replaced with apsc but it seems to me that I read they're taking away both benefits and only giving the apsc. The CIA is actually the lifelong pension. How can they say vets won't be getting less when they're taking a benefit away? Please if you guys and gals want to chime in, provide your proof please. Because it seems to me some people think that current vets don't lose CIA in April 2019 on the vac website for pro, it says CIA and CIAS are history but they don't say currently vets will keep the CIA and then get the apsc and lifelong pension.

Does anyone concur with this? Stuff is so vague it is ridiculous.

Supreme out

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum