Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL

+17
bulldozer
BinRat
Rifleman
bosn181
Iceman
propat
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Vet1234
czerv
Teager
Sailor63
Tango-33
exarmyguy
Armygunner
bigrex
Ireland102
21 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 13 Empty Re: PFL

Post by exarmyguy Fri 23 Nov 2018, 11:01

Thank you for using My VAC Account and our secure email services.

Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date as to when the
letters will be sent out to Veterans.

For Veterans who have received Disability Awards since 2006,
we are automatically reassessing each condition to determine
if additional moneys are to be paid out on a monthly basis as
recalculations of Disability Awards are not eligible for additional
lump sum.

The monthly amount you may receive takes a number of steps to
calculate and will consider the following:
1. The amount already received from VAC;
2. The monthly amount that would have received so far (had a
monthly payment option been available) ; and
3. A life annuity calculation, which takes into consideration
individual circumstances to calculate any offsets to the monthly
payment.

Furthermore, any conditions assessed and paid out under the Pension
Act will not be affected by these changes and will remain the
same.

I apologize for any confusion or frustration this has caused,
and thank you for your patience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact
us again via My VAC Account or our toll-free number, 1-866-522-2122

exarmyguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 23 Nov 2018, 09:50

They are only calculating the past PFL payments, so they can treat the disability award, as an overpayment, that needs to be paid back from any future payments. So if a 50 yr old veteran owes $100000, and they say he should live another 30 years, they will deduct $277 per month, over that 30 years. But if a 30 year old Veteran owes the same amount, they will only deduct $166 month.

Artie, the PFL calculations will not affect the monthly pensions, under the Pension Act. The only real change you may see, is if you are currently getting CIA, and possibly ELB (since it's still unclear how the ELB replacement is supposed to be adjusted for time served)
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 09:22

Supremedebater wrote:I’m actually quite surprised they even said that to you. That is strange how they would even engage in convo about something they do not even really know. Unless they’ve been told to have tight lips. My old case manager slipped up I think cause she also told me I wouldn’t be getting diddly. Who knows. I don’t care anyway....tired of Vac, goc and anyone else that has to do with pensions stuff. It takes time off your life worrying about this crap.
thats where I’m at, I was medically released before 06, and have received no LSP to date, so I really don’t think this PFL will have a positive or negative effect on me...unless I get a disability payout before April 1 right.?even then, I will have been paid, so I’m not expecting anything after that. If I get a letter in the mail telling me the gov owes me more money then hurray, but right now I wouldn’t know how to figure out if I’m getting f- Ed over in the first place, so I don’t lose sleep over it, I have other things that cause me that

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 23 Nov 2018, 08:03

I’m actually quite surprised they even said that to you. That is strange how they would even engage in convo about something they do not even really know. Unless they’ve been told to have tight lips. My old case manager slipped up I think cause she also told me I wouldn’t be getting diddly. Who knows. I don’t care anyway....tired of Vac, goc and anyone else that has to do with pensions stuff. It takes time off your life worrying about this crap.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 23 Nov 2018, 07:58

exarmyguy wrote:
Supremedebater wrote:People

Tell me this ok? Think ok? If they backdate the pfl to when vets got different years of lump sums, then go forward to when your 80 years old, how do you figure your not going to get a new lump sum? Do the math. This guy that says vets aren’t getting new lump sums is full of it. There’s no way if they go back to the years and apply $1000 a month say for a veteran then go to the ripe age of 80 life expectancy. You would get much more then $360,000 over the years of taking monthly amounts. If they say vets will only get $50,000 or whatever and it is small, then every vet should take the monthly amounts for life. It’s simple! I could give two shits if they say “well we calculated it and your only entitled to $85,000 more for a lump” but we did the calculation monthly and you get $800 each month till ya die, we’ll take the $800. It’s that simple. Now on the flip side, I cannot imagine them being so dumb that the math don’t add up but hey it is the GOV and hey, they aren’t the ones that served they’re country away from they’re families right. Sacrificed everything so they could be warm home in they’re own beds right! Regardless it makes no sense offering $50,000 as a lump then offer $800 month for life. Take the monthly! But do yas really expect it to be fair? They design shit to save. Not help the veteran. And Trudeau should be brought forward for lying to people. That is terrible and this pfl is nothing but shit. But no one stands as one and fights Goliath so expect back what we put into fighting them. Accept what you get and shut up! Lol
well I sure hope your not talking about me saying I full of shit.
I am just telling you what they wrote to me.  and I would copy and paste it here but I have to wait 7 days to do so for whatever reason.
I sent another mail back asking them to double check that and get back to me cause I told them they not right .

Not you.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by exarmyguy Fri 23 Nov 2018, 07:53

Supremedebater wrote:People

Tell me this ok? Think ok? If they backdate the pfl to when vets got different years of lump sums, then go forward to when your 80 years old, how do you figure your not going to get a new lump sum? Do the math. This guy that says vets aren’t getting new lump sums is full of it. There’s no way if they go back to the years and apply $1000 a month say for a veteran then go to the ripe age of 80 life expectancy. You would get much more then $360,000 over the years of taking monthly amounts. If they say vets will only get $50,000 or whatever and it is small, then every vet should take the monthly amounts for life. It’s simple! I could give two shits if they say “well we calculated it and your only entitled to $85,000 more for a lump” but we did the calculation monthly and you get $800 each month till ya die, we’ll take the $800. It’s that simple. Now on the flip side, I cannot imagine them being so dumb that the math don’t add up but hey it is the GOV and hey, they aren’t the ones that served they’re country away from they’re families right. Sacrificed everything so they could be warm home in they’re own beds right! Regardless it makes no sense offering $50,000 as a lump then offer $800 month for life. Take the monthly! But do yas really expect it to be fair? They design shit to save. Not help the veteran. And Trudeau should be brought forward for lying to people. That is terrible and this pfl is nothing but shit. But no one stands as one and fights Goliath so expect back what we put into fighting them. Accept what you get and shut up! Lol

well I sure hope your not talking about me saying I full of shit.
I am just telling you what they wrote to me.  and I would copy and paste it here but I have to wait 7 days to do so for whatever reason.
I sent another mail back asking them to double check that and get back to me cause I told them they not right .

exarmyguy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 23 Nov 2018, 07:18

People

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2018, 21:11

Past giving a shit. We just have to wait and see what happens. Either or. Lump sum or a small monthly payment for NVC Vets That maybe they will not even convert into a lump sum. That seems like discrimination. All I see is future law suits and court battles.

Tic toc tic toc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 22 Nov 2018, 20:31

exarmyguy wrote:I just now got email from vac.  I for some reason cannot post it here.
The one thing shocked me is they tell me in letter that anyone who received a previous lump sum payment is not eligeable ro receive a new one under the pfl.  Says have to take the monthly amount.  I asked them to recheck it cause seems wrong

no way!
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 22 Nov 2018, 20:27

any buzz on when the cheques will roll out?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by exarmyguy Thu 22 Nov 2018, 17:31

I just now got email from vac. I for some reason cannot post it here.
The one thing shocked me is they tell me in letter that anyone who received a previous lump sum payment is not eligeable ro receive a new one under the pfl. Says have to take the monthly amount. I asked them to recheck it cause seems wrong

exarmyguy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 22 Nov 2018, 16:32

Friends, absolutely nothing to worry about in respect of calculations done by VAC. After all, these are the same people who did all the calculations for veterans before. (And now VAC owns those veterans mils of $$ after some outside audit found out that VAC is short changing veterans).
We are in good and capable hands of VAC.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Thu 22 Nov 2018, 14:18

I'm hoping the PFL letters of calculation due come out at Xmas time; at least we will have a better understanding and time to make sound financial decisions. IMHO I can't see why NVC vets won't be offered another Lump-sum award based on VAC calculations of course, as we all will fall under the new 2019 charter.

Until we have such letter we Vets will be left in the dark, confused, pissed off and speculating till the cows come home.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 22 Nov 2018, 10:56

The thing is, the legislation really only applies to the claims going forward. It really doesn't address exactly how NVC Veterans will, or should be, treated.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2018, 10:16

Teager It’s really not about the amount if we get X amount of money monthly or if we even get the option of cashing it in for a lump sum amount.  I expect nothing and hopefully get something, no illusion anymore of the GOC/VAC doing the right thing.   It’s about providing the correct information, the formula for all Veterans in which VAC arrives at their finial numbers for each individual veteran.  

If you remember last year they dumped the PFL plan in our laps just before Christmas and basically disappeared under the holidays hoping the Veterans would ease their disappointment over the holidays.   Expect the same this year.

I am actually more pissed off for the fact future veterans will get less.  VAC and the MVA are promoting this PFL without providing the whole picture.  It’s saving them money, at the expense of future veterans well being.

I have always stated, it’s easy to compare files with the MVA but he refuses to sit down and talk.
Get a PA Vet, A NVC Vet, and the future new PFL Vet to sit down and compare their income benefits based on 100% then work backwards to see the real picture.  The MVA said in an article that some Veterans are spreading miss truths about the PFL, actually we are not.  We are confused and uniformed by your constant lack of providing key information on the new PFL.   We are treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum