Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about claims

3 posters

Go down

Question about claims Empty Re: Question about claims

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:29

Gunner8 wrote:Yeah it’s worst a try I guess. Even though it’s very frustrating.  I currently have a claim in now there doing so I’ll probably wait until that’s done before I file this one, as multiple claims may take longer. And I really don’t want to make my current claim any longer than it already has been!!  Thanks Artie

Gunner
if you a case, you're only hurting your quality of life by waiting,each claim has no bearing on the next,not knowing your life expectancy best bet is to file all at once,

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 10:52

Yeah it’s worst a try I guess. Even though it’s very frustrating. I currently have a claim in now there doing so I’ll probably wait until that’s done before I file this one, as multiple claims may take longer. And I really don’t want to make my current claim any longer than it already has been!! Thanks Artie

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2018, 21:38

Gunner8 wrote:I’ve been out now for 8 years. It’s probably a waste of time since I have no medical record of it on file. However I do have a knee injury on file that’s bothered me forever. I put in a claim about that a couple years ago, they gave me so much trouble about paperwork and asking for so many different things, I gave up on it. And after a year they withdrawed the claim. Am I still eligible to put another claim in for that after they withdraw it once?

Gunner
the unfunny joke from VAC is “delay,deny until they die”, if you don’t follow through on what paperwork they require from you, they usually close a claim in 60 days, but once you get the required info, you can get the claim re open, they usually require a new dr. Report, like a dr. To say your knee I’d still f Ed since whatever happened to it during military service. Once they get your claim and dr report the waiting game begins, probably 6 months...and yet, if your knee Is even 5% screwed that’s about $18500, l wouldn’t let that slide if you feel you have a case

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 19 Dec 2018, 21:30

I’ve been out now for 8 years. It’s probably a waste of time since I have no medical record of it on file. However I do have a knee injury on file that’s bothered me forever. I put in a claim about that a couple years ago, they gave me so much trouble about paperwork and asking for so many different things, I gave up on it. And after a year they withdrawed the claim. Am I still eligible to put another claim in for that after they withdraw it once?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sports1977 Wed 19 Dec 2018, 21:16

I Applied for my knee's and i never complained about them during my military carreer.
But i did have Ankle injury's, Short story is i got approved for my Knee so i would try.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 19 Dec 2018, 19:31

How long have you been out? because if it's been any amount of time, VAC would likely pass it off as something that happened post release, or simply because if getting older. Unfortunately, VAC is supposed to look at the claim, and if it's possible to have been caused by the military, they're supposed to approve the claim. But instead, they look att he claim, and see if there are other possible causes or explanations, especially when there is no supporting documentation, to reduce, or outright deny, a claim.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 19 Dec 2018, 19:20

I do have my medical file from the military yes. But that’s the thing, I never ever reported anything while I was in the military, so I was wondering would it even get looked at, or just a waste of time If there’s nothing in my military medical file?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2018, 17:13

Gunner8 wrote:Is it possible to get approved for a disability, if you never reported it while you were in the military? Just wondering because I hurt my back when I first joined, probably like my second year in, but being young and dumb, I tried to muscle through it and soldier on. It bothered me but as years went by it got worse, and I never did report it, which is my mistake, not knowing a lot at the time about injury claims etc. I remember someone telling me if I had any issues at my release medical they may not let me out, so I wouldn’t tell the doctors then either. But anyway, just wondering.
I’ve been out now for a while, I still have a bad back!! Just curious if it’s even worth a try. Thanks

Gunner
do you have your medical docs? I opened a back claim when I first got out and was denied, VAC likes to have specific incidents on file to approve a claim, like if you were in a vehicle roll over etc, all I had was a decade of medical reports of me going to the Dr. complaining of a sore back...but never really getting any help. when it was denied I just soldiered on, but lately I`ve been reading that if you did 10 or more years in a combat arms trade, a bad back is a given, though who knows the disability percent might be only 1-5%. Either way, I went and got new xrays and opened 2 claims one for upper and lower back, I am waiting the outcome

Back to top Go down

Question about claims Empty Question about claims

Post by Gunner8 Wed 19 Dec 2018, 16:38

Is it possible to get approved for a disability, if you never reported it while you were in the military? Just wondering because I hurt my back when I first joined, probably like my second year in, but being young and dumb, I tried to muscle through it and soldier on. It bothered me but as years went by it got worse, and I never did report it, which is my mistake, not knowing a lot at the time about injury claims etc. I remember someone telling me if I had any issues at my release medical they may not let me out, so I wouldn’t tell the doctors then either. But anyway, just wondering.
I’ve been out now for a while, I still have a bad back!! Just curious if it’s even worth a try. Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum