Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any one here ever deal with the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services.?

Go down

Any one here ever deal with the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services.? Empty Re: Any one here ever deal with the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services.?

Post by bigrex Fri 11 Jan 2019, 13:02

There are several tests that they will ask you to do. Some you can do online, or during a home visit, but others require going to see a 3rd party occupational therapist. You will have to do an aptitude test, to see what types of careers that you may excel in, as well as a functionality assessment, to determine any physical limitations, that could be a barrier to the types of jobs and careers, that you are interested in. for example, if they find that you have difficulty staying seated for long periods, they aren't going to suggest that you become a long haul truck driver. There is also a component where they look at your MOC, to see if there are any careers that are in line with your military training. So if a Veteran was an electrician in the military, they will push them to become an electrician, on civie street, as long as they are physically capable, even if they personally wanted to become a real estate agent, or a graphic artist.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Any one here ever deal with the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services.? Empty Re: Any one here ever deal with the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services.?

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2019, 21:03

bigrex wrote:it's called March of Dimes. My wife dealt with them, to go back to school, because I was DEC. They were pretty reasonable,compared to what I had to go through with SISIP.
thanks,  so do they come to your home or do they have a central office in each city that you attend? For tests ,assessments etc. I was reading online about a similar civilian company in BC and they say their testing is like 5 hours long and to bring any medications you might need and/or aids to get you through the tests like heat pads etc....is it anything like that?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 10 Jan 2019, 18:13

it's called March of Dimes. My wife dealt with them, to go back to school, because I was DEC. They were pretty reasonable,compared to what I had to go through with SISIP.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Any one here ever deal with the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services.? Empty Any one here ever deal with the Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services.?

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2019, 16:27

VAC appointed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum